Assorted Dutch seascapes

Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
edited July 19, 2009 in Landscapes
Hey all,

Haven't posted a while but found it difficult to make the time with my new (first) job. Recently had some days off so it was off to the beach. Here are some assorted sea and beachscapes. Hope you like them,

take care!

579471887_heSCm-XL.jpg
1) The pier - the island Texel

579475489_LxBuA-XL.jpg
2) More portrait than landscape but i like how this photo came out - hou van je lieve mafketel hilsonisos :lust

579495029_SjDww-XL.jpg
3) Setting Sail

579515186_vBV5t-XL.jpg
4) The lifeline

579420267_RTR3a-XL.jpg
5) Hermit Crab

593857790_cnH9E-XL.jpg
6) Sunset panorama

593859454_TSgBM-XL.jpg
7) Evening swim
Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com

Comments

• annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 18, 2009
    Great photos! I especially like the last two. What a pano! thumb.gif Vast sandy beaches are a joy to shoot - I wish we had some here where I live. ne_nau.gif

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    A really pleasing series, Chris! I really like it when a person is appropriately placed in a landscape shot, as in #2. Well done! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    thanks!
    thanks for taking the time to comment ana and thapamd!

Its not everydat you have this nice weather in The Netherlands where i live so it was a joy to shoot at the beach!

im trying to better at photography but im seriously hindered by the time available.. eek7.gif there is always a gap of weeks in between shoots, and i feel like i have to reinvent everything haha.

Anyone any ideas on how to make these shots go more "wow" next time? (without moving them to the WP, since im not sure this would qualify as my best work yet..)
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    thanks for taking the time to comment ana and thapamd!

Its not everydat you have this nice weather in The Netherlands where i live so it was a joy to shoot at the beach!

im trying to better at photography but im seriously hindered by the time available.. eek7.gif there is always a gap of weeks in between shoots, and i feel like i have to reinvent everything haha.

Anyone any ideas on how to make these shots go more "wow" next time? (without moving them to the WP, since im not sure this would qualify as my best work yet..)

You have a good eye for composition, Chris. Now you have to wait for the right light: golden hours, dawn, dusk. Good luck! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    ... there is always a gap of weeks in between shoots, and i feel like i have to reinvent everything haha.

Man, that's just how it is with me!! I have to get out all the manuals again!! :D

A request -it's always good to know the equipment used for a photo.

#3 must have sailed over the horizon?

Good use of the WA! thumb.gif I like #1 a lot!

My favorite of them all is #7, it's the time when light is like thin tissue, its most insubstantial. You have that in this pic. I think light is so wonderful I like to see people exploring all its personalities, not just the most photogenic.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Good stuff...

The fisheye really came out nice

good luck on the new job

Rags
    Rags
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    beautiful set of photos. Evening swim and panorama are my favorite.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery