Fort Worth Water Gardens

NealAddyNealAddy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited July 19, 2009 in Landscapes

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    Excellent compositions, Neal! clap.gif I really like the 1st shot. There is perfect balance between the waterfall and the observer.

The rainbow shot is also fantastic. On that one, I may have been tempted to crop the image just above the sprinklers and exclude the gray vertical structure along with the trees and white house. This will place more emphasis on the main subject, IMO. What do you think?
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • NealAddyNealAddy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll have to try your idea on the rainbow shot. I wasn't quite sure how to deal with that shot and felt that too tight of a crop might lose perspective.

This was a fun place to shoot. I got lucky and caught it at a time when there wasn't a crowd. That wasn't the case shortly after these shots were taken.

It was also 103 degrees. Add the humidity from all that water and it was a very short shoot.
  • RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Great diagonals. My eyes are all over the place :D

For the rainbow shot I wonder what it would look like with a slower shutter speed. (That was what popped in my head). The "millions" of droplets look really cool on the other hand.

Rob
    www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture