Scott Kelby's World Wide PhotoWalk 2009

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited July 19, 2009 in Landscapes
I hosted the walk for Eau Claire this year. There was only 6 of us but we had fun, and it was definately worth the money, oh wait, it was free! Too bad it was freezing! It was like lower 60's. I had 3 t-shirts on and a sweatshirt!

One guy, Mark, drove 1 1/2 hours from Ladysmith to come.

Here are some of the images that I took throughout the walk. Sadly, since I was the walk leader I cannot submit my amazing photos for a chance to win prizes (D700 + alot more stuff - PhotoWalk Prizes)

The Purpose of this thread I guess... Post your pictures taken on the photowalks you went on... I'm sure there are some of you on here. Also if this would be better suited somewhere else, feel free to move it mods.

This is an HDR I took, 7 exposures combined together.
595130847_5987u-L.jpg

595132853_B2HG2-L.jpg

595133721_a9ydm-L.jpg

595134487_hQsAT-L.jpg

595135020_ZSKAj-L.jpg

595129371_yYE26-L.jpg
Jer

Comments

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    some nice shot there jeremy!

wish i knew something like that was going on, would have loved to participate (though not sure this is also being held in the netherlands.. headscratch.gif only see american cities present..)

* correction, i should have looked closer.. there are like 10 walks in the netherlands :D next time i'm in!
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Very nice! Great HDR work on the first and the comp of the 2nd is terrific! Photowalks should like a grat idea! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Really nice set and it looks like it was a gorgeous day (perfect for the old building) too! thumb.gif

Has that building been converted into something modern? They usually are but at least the side you caught it looks deliciously rusty. :D
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Really nice set and it looks like it was a gorgeous day (perfect for the old building) too! thumb.gif

Has that building been converted into something modern? They usually are but at least the side you caught it looks deliciously rusty. :D

Yeah, lovely weather rolleyes1.gif 110% Cloudy -10% chance of sunlight!

Most of Banbury Place (the old rustic Building) is rented out to small businesses. Law Practice, Wood Shops, Resturants, Dance Studio etc... The rooms in there are HUGE! After college if I stay in Eau Claire I'm deffinately going to rent out one for my studio.

The building in the HDR was the "power house" hence the giant smoke stack. Banbury Place used to be a Tire Factory I think during WWII...
    Jer
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Great Job clap.gif

I was suppose to lead in walk Islamabad.... but at last minute all participants refused to participate due to early morning time :cry:cry. I was about to leave home for shooting alone but started raining:cry
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery