Options

Canon 20D protector for back/top ?

OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited June 29, 2005 in Accessories
Goodmorning, I have searched and searched for a cover/protectoor for my Canon 20D back, Not sure what they call them but its similar to the one Nikon ships with their camera's. Cant find it on Canon's site so I'm assuming they dont make one but rely on another company to do so. I have also searched B&H with no luck. Is it a must have attachment for a expensive camera? Can anyone leave me a link to where I can purchase this?

Thanks in advance,
Brad Fite :D
www.fitephotography.com
Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2005
    any computer store....
    go to any computer store and buy the lcd screen protectors for pdas, palm pilots, etc. it's basically thick sticky clear plastic. you cut to fit the rear and top lcds. i've done this for years, and they work great.
  • Options
    OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2005
    Thank you Andy, I'll give that a try.
    So are you also telling me that Canon doesnt produce a product for this purpose as nikon does ? It does seem very strang they dont if thats the case.

Appreciate your tip
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2005
    it's unneeded imo.

you can also try hoodman products, do a google on them
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2005
    http://www.hoodmanusa.com/guarantee.htm

troy
    Onrey wrote:
    Goodmorning, I have searched and searched for a cover/protectoor for my Canon 20D back, Not sure what they call them but its similar to the one Nikon ships with their camera's. Cant find it on Canon's site so I'm assuming they dont make one but rely on another company to do so. I have also searched B&H with no luck. Is it a must have attachment for a expensive camera? Can anyone leave me a link to where I can purchase this?

Thanks in advance,
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2005
    windoze wrote:

yeah they're there... but :puke

the plastic pda protector stuff works just great. deal.gif
  • Options
    Red BaronRed Baron Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2005
    I used a film PDA protector on my LCD (Canon D60 at the time) until I found out the built-in plastic LCD cover costs only $10 or so to replace (and it's user-replaceable). I've gone without protection for the past few years without a scratch so, personally, I wouldn't bother.
  • Options
    MLLKMLLK Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2005
    Red Baron wrote:
    I used a film PDA protector on my LCD (Canon D60 at the time) until I found out the built-in plastic LCD cover costs only $10 or so to replace (and it's user-replaceable). I've gone without protection for the past few years without a scratch so, personally, I wouldn't bother.
    where's would you buy the built-in plastic LCD cover and is it the same price for the 350d? If its $10, I'd take my pda screen protector off because the screen looks really crappy with the screen protector on.
  • Options
    Red BaronRed Baron Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2005
    I don't know if the LCD for the 350D is $10 which is the price often quoted for the 10D - if the 350D prices differs, I doubt it will be by much. The following link will take you to a Canon parts list for various cameras, lenses etc. although I don't see the 350D listed.

http://www.f20c.com/stuff/canon/partslist/

MLLK wrote:
    where's would you buy the built-in plastic LCD cover and is it the same price for the 350d? If its $10, I'd take my pda screen protector off because the screen looks really crappy with the screen protector on.