Minnesota Moors

rickstrickst Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited July 22, 2009 in Landscapes
Taken at the Kasota Prairie near St Peter, MN. Nikon D60 with 18-55mm VR lens.

595676291_U5UxB-L.jpg

Comments

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Beautiful scene! I love getting early morning fog like this.
    Did you manage to get any shots without the sun? I actually find it to be a bit distracting. One other thing I think could help is if you could darken that band at the top of the image a little. Other than that, very nice work!
  • rickstrickst Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    Yes, I did get a couple with "less" sun in them.

595720830_5xg9e-L.jpg
  • rickstrickst Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    Beautiful scene! I love getting early morning fog like this.
    Did you manage to get any shots without the sun? I actually find it to be a bit distracting. One other thing I think could help is if you could darken that band at the top of the image a little. Other than that, very nice work!
    I decided to sacrifice the top of the tree and eliminate the white band altogether.

596869549_6kBGF-L.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    rickst wrote:
    I decided to sacrifice the top of the tree and eliminate the white band altogether.

I kind of like the white part band since it gives another layer to the scene, but this one is good, too. What a beautiful morning to wake up to :D
  • astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Cool shots. I think my uncle shoots here quite a bit, he lives up in Le Sueur. He's got some really cool stuff just like this. Great shots.

-Andy

Edit.

Jeez... I just realized it was you. D60??????? When did this happen? I didn't even check the username.
    Cool. I've got some threads up in Landscapes, check em out. Nice "bumping" in to you.

-Andy
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    Nicely done, Rick! I'm with Schmoo on this one. I too like the extra layer. :Dthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com