Timothy and Leah...

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited July 22, 2009 in People
Took a few shots of my kids Timothy(5) and Leah(3.10) this afternoon. It was an unplanned event so I wish Timothy was in something different. Don't get me wrong, I love the Marines and have several in the family.. :-) Just not the ideal shirt for a photo shoot. Thanks for looking, comments welcome.
595984753_5t4Ka-L.jpg
595984443_y7J4W-L.jpg
595984630_xtUzN-L.jpg
595984063_F4ykq-L.jpg
595990162_7ruUf-L.jpg
595984244_soBQb-L.jpg
595984897_Lwc2n-L.jpg

Comments

• KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    #2 and #5 are my favorites! Would it be possible to work on the conversion or levels for #2 a little more just so that she stands out from the door a little better?

They are great shots - the background, candid feeling, and expressions seem to be what attracts me to them.

Many of the other shots seem like they need a little more light on the faces. Of course, if this was impromptu, then it's not such a big deal, but I have found that finding someone to hold a reflector to bounce sunlight into the face of the subject makes a world of difference!

Thanks for sharing!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • LivingLargeLivingLarge Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    #2 is STUNNIG! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Well done.
    “He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands and his head and his heartis an artist.”
  • Balls187Balls187 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    #2 is STUNNIG! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Well done.

+1
    I like to make pretty pictures. Maybe one day I'll be good at it.

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 40D
    16-35L II, 50F1.4, 50 Macro, 24-105L, 100 Macro
    Canon 580EXII, Sigma 500DG ST
    Blackrapid RS4
    photos.aballs.com

• MelMcClainMelMcClain Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    They're fantastic! I'd love to have seen #5's legs not cut off in the shot though! Beautiful coloring and texture choices on the backgrounds!
  • dustin32dustin32 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    1 looks like it could be a painting, 2 is great, and 5 is really neat as well.
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:
    #2 and #5 are my favorites! Would it be possible to work on the conversion or levels for #2 a little more just so that she stands out from the door a little better?

They are great shots - the background, candid feeling, and expressions seem to be what attracts me to them.

Many of the other shots seem like they need a little more light on the faces. Of course, if this was impromptu, then it's not such a big deal, but I have found that finding someone to hold a reflector to bounce sunlight into the face of the subject makes a world of difference!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your comments!! As for the faces, not sure what you are seeing or why the faces would appear underexposed to you, but they all look good from here, and I did use a reflector or fill flash in all of these shots.
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    MelMcClain wrote:
    They're fantastic! I'd love to have seen #5's legs not cut off in the shot though! Beautiful coloring and texture choices on the backgrounds!

Thanks Melissa, I almost did not post this because his feet were cut off!! Man that made me mad that I did that. In acuality, his feet were hidden by the rail of a train track anyways so I went ahead with it. Maybe if I had not cut off theat rail, the missing feet would not have been as awkward. Oh well, something to watch for next time........
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    JohnEBongo wrote:
    Thanks for your comments!! As for the faces, not sure what you are seeing or why the faces would appear underexposed to you, but they all look good from here, and I did use a reflector or fill flash in all of these shots.

Well, I am not using the best monitor at the moment. I'll have to look again on the nice screen I have at home :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    Great Photos and he has a really nice smile. But I can see why...It must be the shirt! I don't know why but I REALLY like the shirt!:D
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    JESTER wrote:
    Great Photos and he has a really nice smile. But I can see why...It must be the shirt! I don't know why but I REALLY like the shirt!:D

15524779-Ti.gif

Great pics, great shirt! (I'm also slightly partial.)
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!