I Am A Rock

I am a rock, I am an island...

Simon and garfunkel

596110918_tpNDg-L.jpg

C&C please. Thanks, John

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    I think I liked it better when the face was more subtle.
  • frollerfroller Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    definitely like the improvement of contrast. The rock is prominent against the water flow. Gives a sense of stability in an otherwise busy environment.

Good Job!thumb.gif
    Fred

"Only those who can see the invisible can accomplish the impossible."
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    I think I liked it better when the face was more subtle.

I'd have to agree. I liked it better when the face was more subtle, but I really like the water better in this shot. It's getting there.thumb.gif
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    KevXman wrote:
    I'd have to agree. I liked it better when the face was more subtle, but I really like the water better in this shot. It's getting there.thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif Very cool ideathumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • JC3dJC3d Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    More subtle, lightened and brought up catch lights
    596476430_Gu7DN-L.jpg
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    deal.gif very cleaver.

technically wonderful everything...just a couple hot spots but most people would never notice...(including myself if i was not looking to give C&C...)

through my eyes i really like your idea behind this entry, but i cant help to want and see faces horizonally normalish... it just doesnt click with me. sounds funny but i feel sorry that the rock is as if fallen over or is stuck on his side.... :D
    Aaron Nelson
    edited July 20, 2009
    deal.gif very cleaver.

technically wonderful everything...just a couple hot spots but most people would never notice...(including myself if i was not looking to give C&C...)

through my eyes i really like your idea behind this entry, but i cant help to want and see faces horizonally normalish... it just doesnt click with me. sounds funny but i feel sorry that the rock is as if fallen over or is stuck on his side.... :D

Thanks for the input. The rock was in the water at that angle and the face just seemed to fit it very close to perfectly. Do you think the face would look good vertically? I can't very well turn the rock (physically or digitally).

John
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    I agree, this looks great! What if you just give the rock eyes, set them in Aaron's suggested orientation, and just forget the rest of the face? Would that look weird? It might look weird.... just an idea :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    It Rocks!!!!!!!!!! wings.gif

Ahem.. as for Aaron, I think he is tripping, mwink.gifD it must be all that peyote in the area ha ha.. perhaps you caught him on the wrong night..headscratch.gifrofl

Putting the face horizontally would add to the PS effect too much and make it look like your """ trying too hard """ to paint a photo into place.. the vertical alignment adds to the (misshapen placement of nature)... Love it... and kuddos to you on the new water work..

This one just has to place.. it is well shot and creative both...

Kat
    edited July 22, 2009
    It Rocks!!!!!!!!!! wings.gif

Ahem.. as for Aaron, I think he is tripping, mwink.gifD it must be all that peyote in the area ha ha.. perhaps you caught him on the wrong night..headscratch.gifrofl

Putting the face horizontally would add to the PS effect too much and make it look like your """ trying too hard """ to paint a photo into place.. the vertical alignment adds to the (misshapen placement of nature)... Love it... and kuddos to you on the new water work..

This one just has to place.. it is well shot and creative both...

Kat

Thanks Kat!