Couple of old Peppers

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited July 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Randy

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    VERY GOOD !! The technique is first rate and the mood about overwhelms you. Really nicely done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Ha ha...nicely done and good idea!!!
  • Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Nice photographs, but what a waste of doctor pepper.

Nice comp, It looks like a pop art exploded!
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    1st one is best......very well composed and shot...I have not seen bottled pop in years (not counting small or large plastic).....until mexico started sending it to my part of the country for the mom and pop burrito stands.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    VERY GOOD !! The technique is first rate and the mood about overwhelms you. Really nicely done.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

glad you enjoyed them, and thanks for the input.
    Randy
    edited July 21, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Ha ha...nicely done and good idea!!!

Thanks Eia
    Randy
    edited July 21, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    Nice photographs, but what a waste of doctor pepper.

Nice comp, It looks like a pop art exploded!

Thanks CC

But, no waste of a DP.

Read the little story below in message #9 ~ I adopted the DP bottle and took it home with me.
    Randy
    edited July 21, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    1st one is best......very well composed and shot...I have not seen bottled pop in years (not counting small or large plastic).....until mexico started sending it to my part of the country for the mom and pop burrito stands.......

I hear ya' Art

Strange little story here. I was down at the Stockyards Saturday taking some pics & I saw this Dr Pepper bottle sitting on the side walk. My wife was with me & I didn't stop to see what "substance" might be in the bottle eek7.gif

I went back the next day to shoot some more & that bottle was still just sitting on the sidewalk. It was in front of the same building that the Dr Pepper wall is on the side of. I was just going to have to deal with whatever the bottle had been used for.

To my surprise, the screw-on top still had the "seal - aluminum tabs" in place. It had never been opened, although the bottle was no longer full.

You are right ~ I have not seen a bottle like that in ages. And to have it sitting, for no telling how long, on that very busy sidewalk without someone kicking it, busting it or taking it is well, very odd.

Again, very odd to find this bottle, but right in front of the same building with the Dr Pepper painting on the wall ne_nau.gif
    Randy
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    #1 is pretty cool. I like the angle a lot. It's just slightly brighter than the second one, which makes the texture stand out very well.
    edited July 21, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    #1 is pretty cool. I like the angle a lot. It's just slightly brighter than the second one, which makes the texture stand out very well.

Thanks Linda,

I like the angle of #1 also.

But, at my age, getting down for pics at that angle, and on a busy sidewalk/street in a tourist district. You should have heard all the "what's he doing down there? ~ It's just a bottle, why would he take a picture of that?" I'm quite sure none of them even realized the background wall.

Ah, were soo mis-understood rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Thanks Linda,

I like the angle of #1 also.

But, at my age, getting down for pics at that angle, and on a busy sidewalk/street in a tourist district. You should have heard all the "what's he doing down there? ~ It's just a bottle, why would he take a picture of that?" I'm quite sure none of them even realized the background wall.

Ah, were soo mis-understood rolleyes1.gif

Ah yes, that we are. rolleyes1.gif