Hotel Texas

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited July 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Randy

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Hmmm...interesting. I like this idea. I really like that sign!!! I assume it is supposed to be dark on the bottom but it might be my monitor, but I would love to see a little of that background. However, it sure gives the sign the attention!!!thumb.gif
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Howdy Randy,

You know how much I love this section of Town.

Very good feel to this one, love the post processing and tones.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Hmmm...interesting. I like this idea. I really like that sign!!! I assume it is supposed to be dark on the bottom but it might be my monitor, but I would love to see a little of that background. However, it sure gives the sign the attention!!!thumb.gif

Hey Eia,

Yeah, I wanted to have the sign & Hotel building as the focal point.

Your monitors probably fine rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking and for your comments.
    Randy
    edited July 21, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Randy,

You know how much I love this section of Town.

Very good feel to this one, love the post processing and tones.

Hey Craig,

I hadn't been that far up Exchange in a long time, so my wife & I strolled up there to take a look.

Hotel Texas has obviously been there for a long, long time, but I've never noticed it before now.

Thanks for the feedback on the image thumb.gif

Next time your gonna' be at the Stockyards, let me know & I'll buy you some BBQ as Risky's.
    Randy
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    that is a cool shot Randy! I really like the wild work on the building and sign you've done.

seriously, whats your opinion on the halo between the building and sky?
    Aaron Nelson
    edited July 21, 2009
    that is a cool shot Randy! I really like the wild work on the building and sign you've done.

seriously, whats your opinion on the halo between the building and sky?

Hey Aaron,

My opinion...

Actually, I didn't spend much time with this image. I processed it to make the sign & building the subjects. When I now look at the image, if I were to have plans on putting this image in my gallery, well, there's lots of work to clean this image up as is. Heck, I just now noticed that huge dark streak in the sky by the building.

I've been working images up in LR2 only, just to force myself to see what's possible there. Some of the tools seem too loosy-goosy. I'm finding it a little harder to do fine detail work in LR as opposed to CS.

Specifically on the halo: Looks like that would need to be addressed to clean this image up.

BTW: this image was shot in the evening, just when the sign lights were turned on. I wanted the image to have a gritty, Gothic/horror movie kind of feel to it.

Thanks for your input & question thumb.gif
    Randy
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    ok, I see.
    ya i was wondering if that dark streak was a brush that held on to long (ive done it thats why i noticed it) anyway, I love the look you have and the vision behind it... I just wanted to know what the halo was all about. IMO without a halo and dark streak everything else looks as I would expect and want to see...
    Aaron Nelson