The Crucible 2009 Fire Arts Festival

Quzol1Quzol1 Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
edited July 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
The Crucible has for the last few years put on a Festival. Check the link for what they are about. This was the first year in a larger location in Oakland CA. It is held at night and has all the regular festival stuff, stage, food booths etc. The draw for me was Fire. Lots of act's using fire, art with fire and just playing with fire.:clap This is a photographer friendly event, tripods allowed! I didn't want to drag a tripod around so most of this was taken with a 50mm 1.4. I threw out a lot of shots. It was surprisingly hard to show the fire with any context. Just a few shots to wet your appetite.

The Kids on the platform are controlling the flames by moving a body part over lights embedded in outside of the platform. Each light controls a separate Flame Thrower.

596242339_MQKSR-M.jpg

The fire vortex. This was so cool! The 2 fire suited people are surrounded by high speed fans. With flame spewing torches they create fire tornadoes!
596259929_Jb8fm-M.jpg

Now the Pendulum of Fire was really fun.
596454367_ZqWeK-M.jpg

596457886_djHBe-M.jpg

I think everyone was waiting to see if they were going to do a 360, never did :cry

Thanks for looking