richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited July 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Trying to use HDR to achieve a "painterly" look. C&C appreciated. Thanks! :D

594002490_A8F2K-L-1.jpg

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Hey Linda,

Interesting subject, but for feedback I'd say crop that image way down, to make the river boat & dock your main focal point. That will get rid of most of that greenery that's not adding anything to the image, and in HDR form, really detracts from your subject.

YMMV of course :D
    Randy
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Thanks for looking and for commenting, Rob. So much for playing around, eh? rolleyes1.gif

headscratch.gif I'm not sure how much more I can crop. I'll have to take a look at it when I get home tonight.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Thanks for looking and for commenting, Rob. So much for playing around, eh? rolleyes1.gif

headscratch.gif I'm not sure how much more I can crop. I'll have to take a look at it when I get home tonight.

I'm not Rob, but let me add something here.

Playing around:
    I am one of "playing around's" biggest fans. I think that "playing around" is what sparks ones creativity. I semi-regularly get on a small soapbox about people trying to corral a photographers path/vision, trying to squeeze them back "into the box".

I've said it many a time here: If your happy ~ I'm happy thumb.gif

Don't let anything I, or anyone else tells you, de-rail you from your image vision/goals.
    Randy
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    I'm not Rob, but let me add something here.

Playing around:
    I am one of "playing around's" biggest fans. I think that "playing around" is what sparks ones creativity. I semi-regularly get on a small soapbox about people trying to corral a photographers path/vision, trying to squeeze them back "into the box".

I've said it many a time here: If your happy ~ I'm happy thumb.gif

Don't let anything I, or anyone else tells you, de-rail you from your image vision/goals.

OOPS! 11doh.giflol3 Sorry about that. Nothing like fat-fingering a name and getting it all wrong. eek7.gif

Actually, I like playing around and trying different things. If they work, fine. If not, oh well. ne_nau.gif:D