A few more Baker and Rainier weekend shots

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited July 22, 2009 in Landscapes
This is the rest of the set from this weekend that I spent shooting the stars.

#1: Mt. Shuksan (I'll go back and do this one better, there were a few problems, the first is the cars driving nearby (even when I covered the lens when I saw them it was usually too late), and there were also a few airplanes, and then to top it off, a really bright planet rising just behind Shuksan). I think waiting until about 2AM would have been better, but by then I was up shooting Baker.

595965772_cBnYh-L.jpg

#2 Mt. Baker at dawn:

595974124_u6VUo-L.jpg

#3: Near Nooksack Falls. Nooksack Falls are really cool, but not (IMO) that photogenic (they're on the way back from Mt. Baker so it's always worth stopping off). The most photogenic comps require hopping the fence, but at least a half dozen people have died doing that (there's a sign at the trail head with their names even).

595963158_bryBe-L.jpg

#4: From the Naches Peak trail near Mt. Rainier:

596140370_LpNRt-L.jpg

#5: Dewey Lake sunset (from the Naches Peak trail)

596164294_T4mMS-L.jpg

#6: Crescent Moon Rise (unfortunately this shot is under exposed, and the wind was blowing like crazy as you can tell looking at the trees). Taken near Sunrise.

596058133_P5vz5-L.jpg

#7: Picure of the sunrise take at sunrise on Sunrise :D (those famliar with Rainier National Park will get it):

596171556_PegfD-L.jpg

#8: Couldn't find a good composition in time. I need to go back to this spot during the day and hike around looking for compositions.

596067383_jTAL9-L.jpg

#9: Lupine

596071353_Kv7fD-L.jpg

#10: Another shot from the Naches Peak trail of Dewey Lake:

596141628_h5Av5-L.jpg

Comments

• NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Ron, I like those stars a lot. But the blue-magenta tinted morning foggy landscape is also quite beautiful. I have to go visit Washington State to see if I can shoot Snoqualmie and other places where you hang! Maybe in August.

We'll see. Thanks again Ron,

Nacho
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    You are a photographic machine. bowdown.gif I sure hope you are making money from this hobby. rolleyes1.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    You are a photographic machine. bowdown.gif I sure hope you are making money from this hobby. rolleyes1.gif

Quantity first, quality second :D

And keep on hoping lol3.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Nacho wrote:
    Ron, I like those stars a lot. But the blue-magenta tinted morning foggy landscape is also quite beautiful. I have to go visit Washington State to see if I can shoot Snoqualmie and other places where you hang! Maybe in August.

We'll see. Thanks again Ron,

Nacho

Thanks Nacho - Washington State is awesome in August especially at Rainier during wildflower peak (and there are some fantastic relatively easy day hikes in that area too). I'm sure Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson are good too, I remember them when I was a kid visiting my grandparents in central Oregon, but I haven't been back there forever.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Very lovely series. Thanks for sharing.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Some more great shots from these two trips, I see. The one with Mt. Shuksan has a lot of potential and I'd like to see your next try at it. I think longer star trails would really help out as well.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 21, 2009
    I don't think I've ever seen star trail reflections in a lake before. eek7.gif

Excellent set. Love the early morning pastel colors, Ron. thumb.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    Very pretty shots, Ron! You got some great color in the sky. Strong work! clap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com