Making the SmugMug Strap Look Good

brecklundinbrecklundin Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited July 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I just made one of those silly gear switches to a whole different brand. From Canon to Pentax. Did it for many reasons, not the least of which was the K7. Last year when I opted for the 40D it was an eyelash difference between it and the K20D. Main reason was and still is Live View on the K20D, well, it's...well...ummm....not as good as it could be. ;) But about everything else about the K20D was what I wanted in my first DSLR body...spent a year with Canon and it just never felt like I was at ease with the lineup and gear, except for the flash, which, to be honest, surprised the living snot outta me... :dunno But, I felt like I was stagnating and my interest waining within a wonderful, yet unfulfilled, for me, system from Canon. Then the K7 came across my path..I was sold and decided to switch NOW rather than wait for the actual release of the K7, now a couple weeks back. With the K20D at an almost give away price of about $600 I figure I will use it while the K7 is not only a bit, well, bug ridden with a sensor heat related problem which was actually acknowledged by HoyaTax this past week, and also saddled with an early adopter premium I am not willing to pay considering their lenses also have jumped in price by higher percentages that other lens lines.

So, I bought a K20D, a bunch of fun Pentax Limiteds including a 43mm & 77mm Silver editions. Still something was missing....then I realized what...my SmugMug Camera Strap!! And viola it made the rig beautiful as I had hoped it would have been originally. Without "The Strap" it is just another body and lens...with "The Strap" it is a piece of art....thanks you so much for sending out this strap late last year...it turned out to be the most comfy strap I own....anyway, after that novel here is what I am saying...hehehehe....:ivar

K20D with SMC Pentax-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Silver Edition Built-In Hood Retracted + "The Strap"
597254861_FFA77-L.jpg

Same with hood extended....
597263550_hmtr6-L.jpg

Clearly you can see without "The Strap" it is just a dull boring shot of a body & lens...with "The Strap" is becomes something special!! :clap