Selective Cropping

Antoinette4897Antoinette4897 Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited July 21, 2009 in Finishing School
I am having great difficulty with selective cropping. I am trying to take a person out of a picture with all other parts of the picture being gone. I can crop out the person but still have a white area where the rest of picture was. Does anyone have any suggestions????!!??? I have Adobe Photoshop CS3. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dayna
Antoinettesphotography.com

Comments

• digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    I'm not exactly sure I understand what you're asking. Can you post a sample of what you mean and describe a little more of what you want to end up with?
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    I am having great difficulty with selective cropping. I am trying to take a person out of a picture with all other parts of the picture being gone. I can crop out the person but still have a white area where the rest of picture was. Does anyone have any suggestions????!!??? I have Adobe Photoshop CS3. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dayna

That's not called cropping, Dayna.

If you have just a white background left after doing whatever you did, use the magic wand to select the white>then inverse the selection so that your subject is selected>then cut or copy>then paste into a new photo or background.
  • Antoinette4897Antoinette4897 Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Sorry, terminology was a bit off. Thanks for the response. I will do that. I am new to trying some of this photoshop technique.:):
    Antoinettesphotography.com