The Gatekeeper

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited July 22, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
In all her ferociousness....:huh

598047966_LH8uH-L.jpg

...and a little less sinister.....but still in need of a salon...

598047709_6X8px-M.jpg

Thanks for giving Maggie space in "people"!:wink

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 21, 2009
    To use a phrase commonly seen here, aw, what a cutie. :D I prefer the color shot, which has better separation from the floor. YMMV.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    To use a phrase commonly seen here, aw, what a cutie. :D I prefer the color shot, which has better separation from the floor. YMMV.

I dunno Richard.....she seems viscious to me in any hue.rolleyes1.gif

I am using the monotone for a project of a more personal nature, but agree with your comments. Thanks...thumb.gif

It's been a long and heartbreaking road since the loss of our previous mini schnauzer, but this little one has helped to heal some of the hurt. Her personality is quite different though, as she is quick and mischievious... and dangerously curious. Quite the little character !:D
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    Funny how our pets become such a part of our lives. I never really understood until we got our own little "vicious" 8 lb dog / kid.
    I have been thinking about doing a scrapbook page on her titled: Man, have you got it good. (She was a rescued stray)

Maggie is so cute! I am with Richard about the color though. But I also prefer the angle of that one as well.

And it looks like she has the "head tilt" down!rolleyes1.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2009
    She's an absolute little pixie, isn't she? mwink.gif Very cute pup - is she wreaking havoc on the household, or does she simply thi-..., uh, KNOW that she's in charge, and is busy making you all get used to the idea? :D
  • Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    I like #2 the best. great example of the rule of thirds. clap.gif
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    Personality == people ==> So she belongs here just as much as portraits of any other person. ne_nau.gifmwink.gif

As for the photos - I have to agree with others, the color works better for me as well and y'all know how I usually like B&W better than color.
    edited July 22, 2009
    Funny how our pets become such a part of our lives. I never really understood until we got our own little "vicious" 8 lb dog / kid.
    I have been thinking about doing a scrapbook page on her titled: Man, have you got it good. (She was a rescued stray)

Maggie is so cute! I am with Richard about the color though. But I also prefer the angle of that one as well.

And it looks like she has the "head tilt" down!rolleyes1.gif

Well, as you well know a slight tilt of the head adds so much to a simple portrait. Im just glad she finally stopped saying "CHEESE" for each shot!......Whew!!!:D

...and you are right....they are certainly part of the family.
    edited July 22, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    She's an absolute little pixie, isn't she? mwink.gif Very cute pup - is she wreaking havoc on the household, or does she simply thi-..., uh, KNOW that she's in charge, and is busy making you all get used to the idea? :D

Heh......she wreaks a little havoc now and then, but definately KNOWS she is not in charge. We've already had that talk.....and Id bet that we never have to repeat it!rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 22, 2009
    Aspecto5 wrote:
    I like #2 the best. great example of the rule of thirds. clap.gif

Well....I dunno about "a great example", but thanks for having a look and commenting.mwink.gif

....most importantly Welcome to Dgrin!clap.gif
    edited July 22, 2009
    Personality == people ==> So she belongs here just as much as portraits of any other person. ne_nau.gifmwink.gif

As for the photos - I have to agree with others, the color works better for me as well and y'all know how I usually like B&W better than color.

...and she is one of my better behaved models!!!

I have been carefully documenting her growth and development through photos.....and she is growing faaast!
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    In all her ferociousness....eek7.gif

598047966_LH8uH-L.jpg

...and a little less sinister.....but still in need of a salon...

598047709_6X8px-M.jpg

Thanks for giving Maggie space in "people"!mwink.gif

I much prefer the color image (how's that for a shocker?!) for two reasons - First, the delightful dog's coloration is too close to the background color in the black and white, and the entire image becomes confusing; in the color version the dog's color contrasts wonderfully with the background. And the use of negative space works very nicely in the second shot.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed