A couple more candids

thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
edited July 22, 2009 in People
Here are a couple shots from the playground this evening. C&C is welcome, especially on the second.

1) Aevi
3744326933_06e4ef02da_o.jpg

2) Sam -- Feel free to critique the sharpness of this photo to death. It is the first image I've ran through Noise Ninja and I'm pretty sure I hacked it to bits. I'll try processing it again tomorrow after I've done some reading on how to use the software. :thumb
3744326715_814f088ac2_o.jpg

Thanks for looking and enjoy!
Travis

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    Here are a couple shots from the playground this evening. C&C is welcome, especially on the second.

1) Aevi
    3744326933_06e4ef02da_o.jpg

2) Sam -- Feel free to critique the sharpness of this photo to death. It is the first image I've ran through Noise Ninja and I'm pretty sure I hacked it to bits. I'll try processing it again tomorrow after I've done some reading on how to use the software. thumb.gif
    3744326715_814f088ac2_o.jpg

Thanks for looking and enjoy!

I really like these both, Travis - terrific expressions; good moments captured. I would, however, try a square crop on the first one as I find something visually bothersome about the top of the post.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    I really like these both, Travis - terrific expressions; good moments captured. I would, however, try a square crop on the first one as I find something visually bothersome about the top of the post.

Excellent, thank you B.D. The first shot was square to begin with but bringing it in tighter does help it out. I appreciate the advice!
    Travis
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    About the sharpness... to me the second image actually looks much sharper than the first one.
    edited July 22, 2009
    About the sharpness... to me the second image actually looks much sharper than the first one.

Hmm, you might be right after looking over them again. The difference between the before and after with Noise Ninja was quite extreme; perhaps I was just a little paranoid about it.
    Travis
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    Suggestion for Noise Ninja.

Go to their site and download the "profile" for your camera.

I find them to be pretty darn close to what I need. If nothing else, its a great starting point for you to fine tune to your own taste.
    Randy
    edited July 22, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Suggestion for Noise Ninja.

Go to their site and download the "profile" for your camera.

I find them to be pretty darn close to what I need. If nothing else, its a great starting point for you to fine tune to your own taste.

Ah, thank you Randy. I'll give that a shot.
    Travis
    edited July 22, 2009
    Here's another photo from yesterday evening. At Randy's suggestion, I downloaded the D80 profile for Noise Ninja and ran this image through it. The image feels a little soft to me (1/200" at 200mm is likely why) but I think it looks much better than my manual attempt on the second image.

3746928018_a5cb60872a_o.jpg
    Travis