Options

No watermark showing

timcallowtimcallow Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited August 6, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I have just become aware from a friend of mine that he can right click or save any photo on his mobile phone from my site, which I don't really have a problem with. They are low res and I agree that it can only bring light to my work. Except that, my watermark does not show up. He has tried several different photos from different galleries, and all without a watermark. The watermark shows up on the PC smugmug site, but not on a save from the mobile site. I read through this long thread, but have not seen any answer for this. Can someone help?

Tim

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    We'd need an example link please? And how is the veiwer seeing the photos on the mobile site?
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2009
    OK, will try. I am travelling and will need to get hold of the phone, will not be until next week It seems to happen with regular cell phones, not iPhone & Windows Mobile devices. here is the url he was using, it seems to be a usual url http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/8947752_iVFot/1/594368280_LX882#
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 23, 2009
    Tim, Its tiny. But, I can see the watermark using the regular view as well as the /iphone link. 599583775_t6L9r-M.jpg

The watermark is pretty small and in some cases blends into the background quite a bit. You might want to consider a bit more contrast or color if you want it to stand out.

If you get more details or can see where it is not appearing, please let us know. thumb.gif
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2009
    OK, finally got the skinny on the problem. Seems to only happen using Windows Mobile OS, Opera for internet with display setting set to mobile. Does not happen with Internet Explorer. When you set the display to mobile, it changes the way my site appears and the photos come out in thumbnail just as above, except without a watermark. This does not seem to be a big problem for me, but might be for others.
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 3, 2009
    You cannot block the downloads of the thumbnails. But you can turn on watermarking of thumbnails and then reapply them if you feel theft is going to be a problem. Use the "Apply to Thumbnails" in the watermarking tool.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    You cannot block the downloads of the thumbnails. But you can turn on watermarking of thumbnails and then reapply them if you feel theft is going to be a problem. Use the "Apply to Thumbnails" in the watermarking tool.

Thanks for the help, I have made the changes suggested.