Tumbling.

DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited June 23, 2005 in People
My dad fell backpacking today, he's uninjured, but I managed to snap a shot.

dadfunneh2gg.jpg

I thought it was hilarious, I added an OWNED thing to it.

dadowned6ce.jpg

It needed the word OWNED.

But I did get some great wildlife and scenery shots, I'll post those up in the photo forum soon, maybe I can get some suggestions on coloration from you guys. :)
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005

I thought it was hilarious, I added an OWNED thing to it.

But I did get some great wildlife and scenery shots, I'll post those up in the photo forum soon, maybe I can get some suggestions on coloration from you guys. :)
    thats a scary thing to see I know.. my girlfriend went over the side with a 40lb pack on and kept crashing through the brush til she finally came to a stop at the bottom.. I thought at least she was mortally injured.. she was fine, laughing hysterically... the pack seems to take over!rolleyes1.gif
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    thats a scary thing to see I know.. my girlfriend went over the side with a 40lb pack on and kept crashing through the brush til she finally came to a stop at the bottom.. I thought at least she was mortally injured.. she was fine, laughing hysterically... the pack seems to take over!rolleyes1.gif
    Yes it does take over! Fortunately it wasn't me, I had all the camera equipment.
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    I thought it was hilarious, I added an OWNED thing to it5

I love that photo you got. I bet your dad does, too. He looks mortally wounded for sure.

Lynn, I like knowing that younger people fall, too.

I am always falling, worries a friend of mine. The other day I tripped over my backpack, right near me here, I was running to get toast or something in the kitchen. I knew I was falling, I kept thinking I could stop, but I couldn't. Bill is out of town, so I did think I was fortunate. No way would a photo of me looked mortally wounded. But it was a reminder of how easily "old" people fracture their hips: used to amaze me. Never could figure that out.

Now that I am older, birding, dogs, doing this and that, not hearing as well, whatever, a weak ankle, I can fall over by just standing still (almost).

But I am proud of my new "life", as in "get one".rolleyes1.gif , so I can't see the falling stopping soon. Have to refill my bone pills, though.

I do love that photo. We who live through these things, we like to be recognized as "survivors", or I do. YOur dad looks like he was/is a definite Survivor, a real member of the club.

And you had all your priorities there, too. Take the photo first, definitely!

ginger (wonder how it would look on KPOTD, they should use some things like that photo)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    Yes it does take over! Fortunately it wasn't me, I had all the camera equipment.
    YOU REALLY DO HAVE YOUR PRIORITIES STRaight. Your dad done raised you good, tell him that for me!

Good going! (Maybe you should try to carry all the photo stuff from now on: wish someone would carry all mine.:lol4 ) I keep trying to get my husband to take a photo of the misery I am in, but then I have to give him the camera, and I don't show the true misery of a 15 lb lens.......is that what they weigh? seems like it. He just shows me as looking fat, so then I have to chop off everything fat, see avatar, the misery is gone, I just look like a happy pair of eyes.

My husband, 60 to my 65, told me he won't carry my photo stuff that it is too heavy. Sometimes he relents and carries the backpack, or he did last Sunday. I think that he has discovered that it is not bad, a Crumpler whatever.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    Ah, The Moral Dilemma
    First, I'm glad he is unhurt...physically. I think his pride just took a bump with a photo to prove it.

To get involved or to stand by and record events unfolding. The age old question.

A nice capturethumb.gif. I like the foot in there to give some perspective and direction. How much has he offered for the deletion of that filerolleyes1.gif?

Good Post,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    He was laughing when he was stuck like that. It was great!
  • WaterfallRichWaterfallRich Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    nice capture!
    I'm glad he wasn't hurt, of course, but you did the right thing by snapping a shot. In our group, we call them blackmail shots and have fun 'sharing' them, especially when the subject doen't know his/her mug shot was being taken.

I look forward to your scenery shots from the trip!