Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2009
    #1 is real nice.

Folks don't usually see that part of the bridge
    Rags
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    I like them both; there's just something about monochrome! I think #1 is more interesting as it's from an unusual viewpoint.

Thanks for sharing -
    - Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Lovely perspectives with fine processing. The images are sharp and well exposed. Good job with the b&w conversion, as well.thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    I love the first one with the sweep of the start of the bridge and over the lighthouse on top of Fort Point. How come I never noticed that??? Laughing.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    eek7.gif These are fantastic, Anthony! Are these IR, or just IR-processed? The perspective is incredible and even though I've seen this view myself, it never looked quite like that. This is so much better. thumb.gif
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    torags wrote:
    #1 is real nice.

Folks don't usually see that part of the bridge

Torags, thank you. The funny thing is that I see this perspective more often than "normal" perspectives.
    edited July 23, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    I like them both; there's just something about monochrome! I think #1 is more interesting as it's from an unusual viewpoint.

Thanks for sharing -
    - Wil
    Wil, thank you for the complements.
    edited July 23, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Lovely perspectives with fine processing. The images are sharp and well exposed. Good job with the b&w conversion, as well.thumb.gif
    Thank you, Mahesh. I am learning to shoot landscapes from you and other masters. A lot to learn still...
    edited July 23, 2009
    Dee wrote:
    I love the first one with the sweep of the start of the bridge and over the lighthouse on top of Fort Point. How come I never noticed that??? Laughing.gif
    Perhaps, it was what inside Fort Point that distracted you. :D There are so many things to shoot inside. I spent a lot of time inside the fort before going to the top. Boy, it was windy on top. I didn't think I would get sharp shots.
    edited July 23, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    eek7.gif These are fantastic, Anthony! Are these IR, or just IR-processed? The perspective is incredible and even though I've seen this view myself, it never looked quite like that. This is so much better. thumb.gif
    Thanks, schmoo. They are IR. I shot during the day and managed to keep the clouds in check, without resorting to bracketing.
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    598405119_X7LMn-S.jpg
    I like this viewpoint, being very untypical and with the curving shape leading out of the image. Just a shame the lighthouse is 'touching' the bridge ironwork.
    edited July 24, 2009
    I like this viewpoint, being very untypical and with the curving shape leading out of the image. Just a shame the lighthouse is 'touching' the bridge ironwork.
    Thank you for your comment. Yep, that's one thing I really need to work on -- pay attention to everything within the frame and their positions relative to one another.
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    ... I really need to ... pay attention to everything within the frame and their positions relative to one another.
    At least you can pop back and have another go! mwink.gif
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    I love these! I'll never tire of Golden Gate Bridge shots.
    edited July 24, 2009
    At least you can pop back and have another go! mwink.gif
    So true.
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    Fantastic! You have turned quite into the IR shooter! Is this your camera or are you still using Cuong's camera?
    edited July 24, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    I love these! I'll never tire of Golden Gate Bridge shots.
    Thanks, Danny. I'll post more GGB soon.
    edited July 24, 2009
    aktse wrote:
    Fantastic! You have turned quite into the IR shooter! Is this your camera or are you still using Cuong's camera?
    Thanks, April. It was Cuong's camera. I won't be able to replicate these shots anytime soon. :cry
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    Thanks, April. It was Cuong's camera. I won't be able to replicate these shots anytime soon. :cry
    Maybe I can pop back so you can have another go at it.:D You're no slouch with the G6 either so don't make excuses and underestimate yourself. I was there and all I could think about was the incessant wind. Next time I need to look up more.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
    edited July 24, 2009
    Cuong wrote:
    Maybe I can pop back so you can have another go at it.:D You're no slouch with the G6 either so don't make excuses and underestimate yourself. I was there and all I could think about was the incessant wind. Next time I need to look up more.

Cuong
    With the G6, I will have to go for different shots as it is not as wide and won't lock focus at its widest (manual focus is not usable because I can't see any detail in the tiny window within a tiny LCD). When is your next trip here? :D