what do you recommend for a 2nd body?

LowTidePhotoLowTidePhoto Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited July 23, 2009 in Cameras
I currently shoot with a d300 and am in need of a second body to shoot the upcoming football season. I'd like to have the option of of my 70-200 on one body and my 200-400 on the other. What about a d200? a used d300? a d90? Thanks for your comments/suggestions.
Low Tide Photography
sports - urban - landscapes
www.lowtidephoto.com
andrew@lowtidephoto.com
connecticut - maine

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited July 23, 2009
    Another D300 is the obvious choice, especially for a sports application and most especially if any games are after dark.

The D200 is a pretty good daylight sports camera, but it lacks the convincing high ISO capability of the D300. The D90 has a very nice imager, similar to the D300 in low light, but it lacks the resonsiveness and AF section of the D300, making it considerably less competent at sports.

I am starting to see the D700 available in a used condition so, depending on your budget and lenses, that might also be a possibility. I still think that if you're happy with your current D300, a second identical body is the way to go.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    I am a huge fan of the 2nd body being the same as the first. It is easier to keep in tune with your equipment. Everything can be set the same and you don't have to full around with it. When you do have to make adjustments, you know where everything is without having to think about it.
    Steve

Website