My first good BW portrait.

DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited June 23, 2005 in People
My first and only so far.

292377646ppqsdvfs28mq.jpg

Any suggestions, comments or such?
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    My first and only so far.

292377646ppqsdvfs28mq.jpg

Any suggestions, comments or such?

Priviet (in Russian Hi), DRT-Maverick (strange to call you with such a name:-)
    I think its a wonderful portrait. What can be added?
    it seems that:
    - lips chaps can be easily deleted
    - more tight crop (only face with some space to the right) will make this photo better...
    Very well done portrait, congratulations!
    Yuri
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    Priviet (in Russian Hi), DRT-Maverick (strange to call you with such a name:-)
    I think its a wonderful portrait. What can be added?
    it seems that:
    - lips chaps can be easily deleted
    - more tight crop (only face with some space to the right) will make this photo better...
    Very well done portrait, congratulations!
    Yuri
    Thanks! I'm going to get right on that. This is my friend Christy. Her hair is now blond, so I'd have to check out what she'd look like in black and white with blond hair.

I still want to try to get shots like that of Kasey, my girlfriend. she's got a perfect smile and these amazing eyes, I think they'd be beautiful for photography. Though she's a photographer herself.
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    Nice work. Love the eyes. Love the angle. It's fresh, different. The shoulder, arm though....looks....I don't know....painful or something like that.

And I agree about fixing the chapped lips.

Good photos, nice b&w treatment.

Lee