Young Road or Unit 23

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited July 24, 2009 in Landscapes
Well...sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees, but last weekend I was at the 'lesser' rim (Mogollon Rim) and saw it all.
The forest is recovering nicely from the 2002 Rodeo - Chediski fire.
Suggestions always welcome.

Hubby glassing

599615128_cx8Rs-XL.jpg

I was having a hard time with this one. I could not get the clouds right and keep the shadows and color of the forest correct, here are two but I think the clouds in the first are not right?

599609545_qMC4T-XL.jpg

599609497_ogwbe-XL.jpg

Such expanse and I always zero in on the smaller things!

599586036_ifYPb-XL.jpg

the black and white shows the burn...but darn ghosting on the trees.

599605250_fJGwx-XL.jpg

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Beautiful series, Eia! The macro, in particular, really grabs my attention. Wonderful dof and separation of the subject from the background. The b&w are also excellent! Great job! thumb.gifclap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    I agree with Mahesh. I really like your flower shot, and the clouds in the first shot are very good.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Beautiful series, Eia! The macro, in particular, really grabs my attention. Wonderful dof and separation of the subject from the background. The b&w are also excellent! Great job! thumb.gifclap.gif

Thanks much, I think they are my faves too but the sky was incredible to see.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    The second and fifth images in this series are by far my favorites. Excellent work on these!
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    The last one appeals to me. Makes me think.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    hi eia!

the clouds in the first three are a bit strange IMO, to much pp (saved the highlights?) for it to look realistic. the last two shots are really nice, especially the contrast between the two! thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
    edited July 24, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    The last one appeals to me. Makes me think.

-

Thanks! It is a shock to see at first but after we got in there and saw the fresh, lush growth under the trees it turned out to be beautiful; even with the marks of the fire. So it reminded me that the fire didn't devastate the entire area as I thought because life was coming back. Wildlife abounds and they sure like to eat that young grass . :D
    edited July 24, 2009
    hi eia!

the clouds in the first three are a bit strange IMO, to much pp (saved the highlights?) for it to look realistic. the last two shots are really nice, especially the contrast between the two! thumb.gif

I did very little PP with the clouds in the first one; which is why I took notice of them. They were very ominous looking. The two after is where I had a hard time trying to expose for the whole picture and can't seem to PP it correctly. Thanks for the comment.