Hyperlink in Photoshop?

reynazackphotographyreynazackphotography Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited July 23, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi,
I'm creating an artistic jpg (with a background, a few graphics, and a photo) in photoshop elements. I'm also including my business logo at the bottom. I'd like to make my logo a hyperlink so that if you click on it, it will direct you to my website. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!!
Reyna

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Hi,
    I'm creating an artistic jpg (with a background, a few graphics, and a photo) in photoshop elements. I'm also including my business logo at the bottom. I'd like to make my logo a hyperlink so that if you click on it, it will direct you to my website. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!!
    Reyna
    You can only make an image a link, that's how HTML works. You can slice it and only make that little text rectangle image a link, but it has to be the an image. PS can help you with slicing.

You can also provide a server side image map (basically telling the server the particular image area is a link instead of slicing it), but it's rather tedious process and imho doesn't work reliably across browsers/platforms/resolutions. Cannot be done with PS, though.

The only way to do it otherwise is to use Flash/AIR/Silverlight/etc. Yet again, it's not Photoshop.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • dcabarledcabarle Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Hi,

Thanks!!
    Reyna
    Check out http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder/

It's a little pricey but I think you'll find everything you're looking to do within this photoshop add-on.

I love it.
    Nikon D300/D700
    Nikon 80 - 200 2.8 | Nikon 60mm 2.8 | Nikon 85mm 1.8 | Tokina 11-16 2.8 | Nikon 24-70 2.8 | Nikon 70 - 180 4.5-5.6/macro (wish you had one, don't you! :))