A few from Glacier and a few from the Tetons

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited July 25, 2009 in Landscapes
The family and I just got back from 2 weeks on the road camping in 4 national parks.. these are SOOC (no time for post this week), but I thought i'd share of few of my favorites. C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Teton NP, WY
DSC_2454.jpg

DSC_2477.jpg

Glacier NP, MT (need some post to edit out flag looking thing in foregroud)
DSC_3296.jpg

DSC_2889.jpg

DSC_2765.jpg

thanks for looking
Devin
Devin

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Tetons...one of my absolute favorite places to photograph, Devin. Nice comps you have here. thumb.gif

I haven't visited Glacier yet, but hope to soon. :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Tetons...one of my absolute favorite places to photograph, Devin. Nice comps you have here. thumb.gif

Thanks Mahesh - I use to say that i'd not seen anything more beautiful than the Tetons.. but you will really love shooting in Glacier, nothing but jaw dropping beauty around every corner (especially hiking up in the back country to Bowman Lake) clap.gif

It was kinda hazy, but never the less.. i liked the way the shots turned out. now to get some time to "fix" some of the little things and clean them up a bit.

Thanks again for your comments, I hope for the next trip up to have some better glass.

Devin
    Devin
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    You sure got to see some beautiful places. I'm hoping to visit both later this summer...
    edited July 24, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    You sure got to see some beautiful places. I'm hoping to visit both later this summer...

You won't be disapointed, look forward to seeing your shots. thumb.gif
    Devin
  • PeterD-2009PeterD-2009 Registered Users Posts: 618 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    What a beautiful series that reminds me of my time spent in your lovely country. What amazes me is the contrast in the country in a relatively short distance. I watched people water skiing on the pacific coast in the baking sun in the morning, drove up to the mountains and saw people skiing on the snow covered slopes in the late afternoon. In between was just a continuously changing scene that has left me with very fond memories. Thanks for posting these.
  • Secluded ValleySecluded Valley Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    The Tetons used to be in my "backyard"; now they are a few neighborhoods over. I love that place; hoping to visit at least once more this year. Last year was the first time I really "saw" Glacier; I'm headed back in September for a long weekend and I'm so excited. I really like your comps, Devin.

Kristine
    "How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!" ~John Muir
    edited July 25, 2009
    Thanks Peter and Kristine... the comments are much appreciated.

Peter - isn't it funny how a pic can spark a distinctive memory... glad I could remind you of your trip to the states.

Kristine - Since leaving there.. i have found 10 acres with 2100 feet of river front for just under 80k. I think i'm going to buy it just so i have a place that close to some of the most beautiful land i've seen.

be well...
    devin
    Devin
  • Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Tetons and Badlands
    thapamd wrote:

I have been on a road trip too. Never, have I seen anything so beautiful!
    Loved the Tetons!
    601135158_cVBmK-L.jpg
    601137156_zbi69-L.jpg
    601136588_uyToM-L-1.jpg
    4 The Badlands
    601137432_fHHXk-L-1.jpg
    601137346_zxW4X-L-2.jpg