Hurricane Lupins

RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited July 24, 2009 in Landscapes
Seems all the PNW photographers are scrambling all over Hurricane Ridge. Funny thing is, right before I took this photo I bumped into two individuals taking a photo of a snowshoe rabbit. What made me chuckle a bit is that I rounded the corner of the trail to see two humongous lenses (400mm and 300mm canon primes - maybe larger) aimed a mere 4 feet to the ground. These two gentleman were getting some good closeups (I assume) and were kind enough to let me in on a shot. Unfortunately I was dead set on getting a decent sundown shot and had to rapidly move on. Here is one of the better ones. Oh .. running around on the ridges at 5000ft can get a bit tiring.

3750953083_246c7498c9_o.jpg
Rob
www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    Beautiful shot with excellent back-lighting, Rob! thumb.gif Love the color of the Lupine! How about cropping out some of that sky, perhaps just above the tallest evergreen?
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    Beautiful image, Rob. Those back-lit lupine sure are pretty.
  • RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    Thanks for the comment Mahesh. I went back and started the reprocess over again. I think I can do better. I was a bit precipitous on posting this as now I look at it and it doesn't seem right.

Danny - yes it was a great view and I wanted to capture the backlighting. I think I got the data...just need to process it a bit better.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Rob
    www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture