viewing metadata in lightroom

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited July 30, 2009 in Finishing School
this is a really silly question i know, but for the life of me i cannot find where I can view all my metadata in lightroom 2? Even under the metadata dropdown there are options for it but nowhere to just view it. I find myself viewing it all through my smugmug galleries. Anyone know ???:scratch

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    When in Library view, all of your metadata should be in the dropdown panels on the right side of the screen.
    Travis
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    But since viewing all the metadata can make the Metadata panel very long, even if you have the Metadata panel open you may be seeing a shortened version. To the left of the Metadata panel heading is a pop-up; if you really want to see everything choose All, otherwise it is only showing you a space-saving subset of the metadata.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2009
    Also, i fyou're in the Develop module you can hover your mouse over the histogram panel and it will give you the basics of fstop, shutter and ISO.
  • arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    To add further, toggle the "i" key for some user defined metadata.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Thanks guys! I had hidden the panel on the right in library mode and had forgotten about it. I had seen the info by the histogram but I was looking for the detailed stuff, which I found by opening the panel back up and scrolling down. Man I'm such a blonde sometimes!