Colorado mountains

donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
edited July 26, 2009 in Landscapes
I normally shoot sports, so I'm sort of out my element here. Every year my family takes a trip to Twin Lakes Colorado and I spend my time trying to find wildlife. I'm usually unsuccessfull. I got a 14 to 24 lens this year and I've been trying to spend my time shooting something thats available. Your critique is greatly appreciated.

1. This is a little pond about 25 yrds up the rd from the cabin we stay at,
600809712_A32oA-L.jpg

2. a little ways further up the road and off in the trees is this old foundation.
600811930_vb5hA-L.jpg

600816622_6Gpha-L.jpg

600813987_KTp7L-L.jpg

600821128_wq4Ab-L.jpg

6. A little ways down strem from the cabin I found this massive driftwood tree with some interesting roots.
600973220_JMAaZ-L.jpg

600825076_DcoY6-XL.jpg

8. And I did run across these guys while in the car today.
600971164_Hg5Qg-L.jpg

600972088_Gp4S5-L.jpg
Sean Martin
www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!

Comments

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Damn nice series, especially for a sports photographer, lol. I love the first image. Great little pond, you did a good job capturing the reflection of the mountains. Also the trees help frame the shot so the eye just naturally flows up to the hills. Well done.
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Very nice, Sean. You have good eye for composition as shown by that first image. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Thanks guys. It's easy to fall into my routine of going out to shoot with a plan in mind. If I go out looking to shoot something specific I miss all the good stuff. The only shot I really like from today is the one I though, "that looks cool" and took a couple quick shots. Everything else is forced and kind of sucks. Maybe I'm deceiving myself though. What do you think of this?

601748875_c8GDN-L.jpg
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    I like it. Good photo for a B/W. I would crop it from the top down just a bit to just show the verticle area. This has great lines/curves.

Another photo you could pull out of this would be to crop out 85% of the image and just leave the lower right stump branch area this is where all the cuvature takes place.

two for the price of one.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Sean these are great! Always good to step out of your comfort zone, too. I think the b/w treatment on the wood is perfect as it really brings out the texture. thumb.gif