maternity shoot question

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited July 26, 2009 in People
Hey all - I have a maternity shoot coming up - both of the parents are personal trainers and are really into exercise body building and aerobics. I was thinking it would be really cool to do part of the shoot on location in the gym incorporating the gym equiptment and them somehow. Anyone have any unique cool ideas of how to do this? Positions, using the equiptment and them both together???
Thanks
courtney
Courtney

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    I could see posing with a large exercise ball. I've done pregnant yoga pics before. If they are into yoga it would look really cool to pose them together in different yoga positions. Action shots doing aerobics?

Caroline
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Ask!
    I always include the client in planning my shots and I ask them what their vision is for the shots. They might not want anything to do with their jobs. Since they'e fit, I'd consider some shots of them showing their physique with their permission. I use sheer kinit fabrics and wrap with them backlit for silhouettes. They are stunning.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    The exercise ball would be a good idea because we use them for labor patients all the time. It helps with pain control and head descent so it could symbolize both their job and their new baby. You could get pretty creative with it. A pink or blue would be nice if they know what they are having. Good luck!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I like when a small medicine ball is in hands held to body right, and torso (baby belly) is turned left. Very cool pic!
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11