Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Thanks for the guidance!

600939639_GcKN8-L.jpg

Blessings
    Jerry
    www.Meesoon.Smugmug.com

I love it! It is so wonderfully creepy! However, your ice cream man was way underexposed - I'm guessing your meter got thrown off by all the surrounding white - and I'd definitely crop it to get rid of the wasted space above.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Agree. I like the crop and the exposure bump on the ice cream man. Given the look, the Dora logo in the Lower-Right is a must-have!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    I like them both, though I like the original a lot more. I think that there is something Nosferatu-like with the man and the composition (the dimensions of the window reminds me of a coffin, and the bald pate and darkness within just make it creepier.) The ice-cream man persona and setting makes for an interesting and jarring juxtaposition because you don't notice Dora first. You see his eyes, then you have to pull yourself away from them to place him into the setting.

So that's why I like it lol.
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    I like both versions but the original is creepier and I like it best.

Great photo.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    mhmm.. your original is not showing.. i like the original better *composition wise* but i agree you could lighten the guy up a tad. its hard to say for sure now the image is gone :D ill give a second opinion when its back thumb.gif

*edit: its back, keep it as it is! he may be (unintentionally?) underexposed but that makes it extra creepy! Frame it and hang it over your bed! :D
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    mhmm.. your original is not showing.. i like the original better *composition wise* but i agree you could lighten the guy up a tad. its hard to say for sure now the image is gone :D ill give a second opinion when its back thumb.gif

*edit: its back, keep it as it is! he may be (unintentionally?) underexposed but that makes it extra creepy! Frame it and hang it over your bed! :D

I don't necessarily agree with the various comments, BUT- they are some of the most thoughtful and meaningful I've seen since arriving here!
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    hey bdcolen!

i'm seeing something in your version as well, dont get me wrong! :D the original just does something extra for me. But i agree with you about the comments. To me, commenting also gives an insight into what you as photographer like and dislike and how others see things.. its a learning process for the poster and for the commenter thumb.gif

Nice 'sparring session' bd mwink.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com