601378185_nBBYV-L.jpg

Original

598786878_6ZgUj-L.jpg

Thanks much,

Dan:D

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    I prefer the original with the longer sun beams...

Winston
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Hi Dan,

It is a tough choice. Here is my take on it:

The "new" one allows the viewer to take in the rocks and canyon better without the sun pulling relentlessly at the eyes.. So, I tend to prefer it over the other one.

However, in the "new" one, I am also getting a strong feeling of sunset and the feeling of it cooling off, not a new day at dawn with warmth.

The second one, is the strongest for your song title because it looks like the sun is rising in that one and the warmth is building up.

They are both gorgeous shots in their own right thumb.gif Nice work Dan..clap.gif

Kat
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    I like the new one. I think the added constrast of the sky and valley add more depth to the image. To me anyways, it takes me from the ledge out over the valley and to the sky. IMHO

Very nice shots whichever you choose!

:D
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    The new one puts more emphasis on the river, but I prefer the warmth and "golden" feel of the original (as well as the longer sunrays)

But really - we're talking about variations of "good" so it all depends whether you like chocolate or strawberry (or, currently churning in my ice-cream maker, KAHLUA ice cream.... mmmmmMMmmmmMMMmmm... if I can ever get it to freeze, that is!!)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Hey Dan,

Sorry for the confusion.. I just now edited my post,, I had them backwards...rolleyes1.gif
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    I like the warmth in the rocks in the original and the contrast in the sky in the new. The sun rays in the original are nice, but I don't like the large area of bright yellow as well as I like the peeking out of the clouds in the new. The sun rays also obscure the canyons in the background.

'Or' is not quite as warm in the rocks as the original, so I don't like it as well.
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    I prefer the original: I love the drama of the sun flair and the warm tones of the rocks. The others are gorgeous as well and show off the canyon better. But for overall impact, it's hard to beat the original.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Addendum to my original post: I still prefer the original, but check the halo along the line of the mountains to the left of the sunstar... Presumably just needs a small tweak in that part of the image's processing.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    I missed this one...:cry Can you please add the title and the link to the song...?

Sorry, but I cannot give you my opinion, without knowing what you are pointing to headscratch.gif

- Anyway, the second photo - called "original" has more life.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I vote for original. I thought I had like the new for the added detail but after staring at them both the original sun burst seems to be connecting to the light on the rocks making it a bit more dramatic. Both are outstanding shots.
    My 2 cents in the kitty
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I prefer the original. What struck me most about it was how the rocks in the foreground were lit by the setting sun. I thought that was SO well done. The second attempt is OK, but I don't find it as interesting to look at as your original. ne_nau.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Thanks you so much folks for your feedback bowdown.gif It looks like I will stick with my original.

Dan:D