AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited July 27, 2009 in Landscapes
The picture was taken at Toroweap.

601811910_EEam2-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I do like this. Looks like a bit of green cast on the mountain and the saturation is quite strong. If that is what you intended, good.

Bottom line: good photo thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I do like this. Looks like a bit of green cast on the mountain and the saturation is quite strong. If that is what you intended, good.

Bottom line: good photo thumb.gifthumb.gif

Hi Dan thanks for commenting.......When I error it is usually with to much saturation...... So, I didn't do it on purpose, just got carried away:D azzaro
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Dan thanks for commenting.......When I error it is usually with to much saturation...... So, I didn't do it on purpose, just got carried away:D azzaro

It's easy to do. I do it all the timerolleyes1.gif
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Beautiful scene and a wonderful composition! thumb.gif I agree with, Dan, saturation is very easy to overdo, and I often do it myself also...looks like great minds do think alike. :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Over saturation is easy to do with Arizona colors but I like it and I think the difference in colors work well IMHO! This looks like a painting. I wonder if it would work if you give a little more oomph to the sky and clouds? Not that there is anything wrong but it might match the dramatic colors in the landscape. ? thumb.gif
    edited July 27, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Beautiful scene and a wonderful composition! thumb.gif I agree with, Dan, saturation is very easy to overdo, and I often do it myself also...looks like great minds do think alike. :D

Thanks for looking and the nice comment...... azzaro
    edited July 27, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Over saturation is easy to do with Arizona colors but I like it and I think the difference in colors work well IMHO! This looks like a painting. I wonder if it would work if you give a little more oomph to the sky and clouds? Not that there is anything wrong but it might match the dramatic colors in the landscape. ? thumb.gif

Hi Eia...... Thanks for the comment....... I actually had lassoed the sky and started to change it.....and did... but not enough........ The sky does not fit the overall.......... azzaro
  • theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Gary,

Very nice and good composition. I like the green. If I hadn't been there myself, I wouldn't know any better. :D Now I'm just a simple farmin' boy from Syrcause, Utah (j/k about the farm boy thing), and I haven't spent much time in the desert like you Arizona folks, but it was much greener at Toroweap than I thought it would be.
    edited July 27, 2009
    theNOIZ wrote:
    Gary,

Very nice and good composition. I like the green. If I hadn't been there myself, I wouldn't know any better. :D Now I'm just a simple farmin' boy from Syrcause, Utah (j/k about the farm boy thing), and I haven't spent much time in the desert like you Arizona folks, but it was much greener at Toroweap than I thought it would be.

Hi Shaun......Thanks for the comment...... Arizona is very diverse. I'm always amazed at the plants and critters that survive in the desert and high desert, not only survive but thrive... The Canyon is high desert and gets snow and rain. I'm not from that area but I think it does pretty well when it comes to moisture....... I hiked out of the Canyon in a snow storm and another time in the rain............... azzaro