A Stunning 1954 Corvette

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited July 29, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I clearly remember the first one of these I saw. The local Chevy dealer, who lived next door to us, brought one home. All the kids in the neighborhood went crazy and lined up for the ride he gave all of us.

The car pictured here is very rare. It was built for one of the top Chevy executives. It is the only one made that left the factory painted any color other than white. There were also a couple of subtle unique design features that were special to this car....such as the thin chrome strips that devide the headlight covers.

Tom

602202391_YDb9g-XL.jpg

602202497_StpPs-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Hi Tom....... 1954, I would have been 14, a whole life time ago.... Lots of excitement when the Corvette first came out. Nice shot and thanks for sharing, I always enjoy you car pictures...... azzaro
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Beautiful, Tom! Absolutely beautiful! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

Thanks for your gracious comment. I think we all perform better when we're shooting things we are truly passionate about.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited July 26, 2009
    Hi Lee,

It's really great knowing there are those, like you, out there who love this subject matter as much as I do. I'll be posting something soon that's especially for you. Thanks so much for your support.

Take care,

Tom
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Fantastic Tom! I was 12 back then and my dad had just bought his first "new" car, a 54 Belair two tone turquois and off white. I never saw a corvette back then in our neck of the woods.ne_nau.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Tom,

I appreciate your excellent images & your vast knowledge about the automobiles. Keep em' coming thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited July 27, 2009
    Hey Jack,

I remember the color combo of ya'll's '54 Belair very well. That was a good looking car. My dad started to get a '54 Chevy for my mom as well, but he found out through our neighbor that Chevy was introducing a V8 in '55 so he waited and ordered one of those. Dad was pretty cool about cars and ordered that car with the " Power Pack " option and stick shift. That's the car I learned to drive with. Mom always wondered why my brother and I wanted to drive her car rather than Dad's.

Take care,

Tom
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

Very nicely done once again, really like seeing the full scene surrounding the "Beautiful" car.

Sharp, clean, and crisp once again!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited July 28, 2009
    Hi Randy,

Thanks for looking in and for your kind comments. I can tell in your photos when there is maybe a little extra passion thrown into the deal ......that's the reason the slice of life you share with us carries such impact.

Take care,

Tom
    edited July 29, 2009
    Hi Craig,

You know, you're right. I find the whole atmosphere at a show of this caliber to be intoxicating. The cars are the star, but all the other stuff going on....art for sale, racing memorabilia for sale, etc. ...... makes for a fabulous experience.

Take care,

Tom