I think my best ever existing light....

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited July 27, 2009 in People
Meet Olivia, adorable 3 year old I had the pleasure of photographing at the Samuel Morse estate (remember the morse code?....same guy:D ) I did all existing light....loving the freedom from my flash! I think they are my bestest so far....what do you think? all done with the beastly 70-200 2.8

602236538_QxEdi-L.jpg

602236934_F2FGF-L.jpg

602237249_VkaGa-L.jpg

602240849_N8gv8-L.jpg

602237945_ERRkn-L.jpg

602239344_kf2H9-L.jpg

602240553_RrGKT-L.jpg

602241640_5mT2B-L.jpg
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    So nice love them alliloveyou.gif
    5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
    EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I really like them all, but #4 seems so precious to me. That expression, the hair, the light and the composition - a real keeper.
  • jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I love love love #3 and #8 - the little hint of a smile - awesome!!
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Beautiful set. I really like #2. The expression is serious, but not sad or grumpy. Her eyes are amazing and she has that sweet little toddler mouth. I also like the shadows in this one.

Caroline
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Thanks so much for the kind words! I was SOOO excited when I started working on these.... you know when you get those butterflies in your stomach and just a truly happy feeling in your heart that you actually did something right after practicing for so long? Not all were perfect out of the 100 or so that I did but there were enough to make me feel like I am getting the hang of it! Thanks again....I so appreciate that you are all here to share in my joy:D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    They are all wonderful..1-3 being my favorites....#3 especially.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    great eye lashes 4 and 8 are my picks you can see her eye color nice setclap.gif
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Magnificent !!! I adore them all! wow wow love #4 , her little mouth so adorable. If not for her sandals they would be timeless. Excellent job. bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Oh these are so cute. What a sweetie.iloveyou.gif You have a right to be excited! These are great!

I am loving #3, that is my fav. What an expression!

The only thing I am just a teensy bit worried about in this set is that some of them are fairly hot and close to blown. It might just have been a look you were going for (it is a pretty popular processing style for weddings I know) But it might be just on the edge of too much in #5 and #7- her hair is starting to look grey or something. I would be curious to see them with a touch more blacks.

But take that with a grain of salt- you know me... I am a chicken when it comes to blowing things. iloveyou.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Lovely series. I agree with Heather that a few are on edge exposure wise. 2,3, and 5 are my picks. #6 shows some bruises on her left leg that you may want to touch up.

Thanks for sharing.:D
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Wow, what a precious little girl. You did a great job capturing her beauty and personality. Looks like the two of you connected and she followed directions well. The parents should be very pleased with each and every one of these.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
    edited July 27, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    Magnificent !!! I adore them all! wow wow love #4 , her little mouth so adorable. If not for her sandals they would be timeless. Excellent job. bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Thanks for the bows! I wish so much I could have removed her sandals but the mom and grandma had to be inconspicuous because this little one had such a bad tude when she first arrived we didn't think she would cooperate but as soon as they were out of sight and it was just me a her it was awesome! I didn't think her mom would have liked if I took off the sandals since we were in a public place and there could have been potentially hazardous things on the ground. I try to be really careful about that! Otherwise, absolutely shoes off in all my pictures! Thanks again....
    edited July 27, 2009
    Oh these are so cute. What a sweetie.iloveyou.gif You have a right to be excited! These are great!

I am loving #3, that is my fav. What an expression!

The only thing I am just a teensy bit worried about in this set is that some of them are fairly hot and close to blown. It might just have been a look you were going for (it is a pretty popular processing style for weddings I know) But it might be just on the edge of too much in #5 and #7- her hair is starting to look grey or something. I would be curious to see them with a touch more blacks.

But take that with a grain of salt- you know me... I am a chicken when it comes to blowing things. iloveyou.gif

thanks Heather and Jeff! I will check into the blown look when I get home. I see what you mean when I am looking at it on this computer but on the big MAC it didn't look all that bad and there were no blinkies. I will try to deepen the blacks and maybe burn in some color. Is that what you would suggest? It's hard with the little ones some times when you are going from dark shade to moderate shade and changing settings on the fly. Could have blown some out no doubt!
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Wow ... nice series and the model is gorgeous...

Maybe #5 could use a +sat
    Rags
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. 1 & 3 are the one's I hire you based on.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 27, 2009
    Sandy:

The first three images are fantastic. Great exposure, framing, composition thumb.gif

The balance of images suffer a combination of over-exposure and / or not the best compositions.