DSS#29 Help me decide please

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited July 27, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I had an oportunity to shoot on a farm yesterday and had a lot of fun with it. Here are some others I am contemplating for this challenge. Wondering if any of these have more impact than my current entry. Opinions, critiscm greatly appreciated!

1. Current entry "Canoeing My Troubles Away" (Shelley Posen)
586830455_cFEhZ-M.jpg

Possible new ones
2. "Clothes Line" (Bob Dylan)
602069577_SRejg-M.jpg

3. Bicycle Song (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
602069481_rivnF-M.jpg

4. No song yet-suggestions welcome if you like this one
602069548_D3JEu-M.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Nice work Karin!! These are all very great shots!

Your original entry is strong, but I am being pulled by numbers 2 and 3 - both have great colors and nice compositions. clap.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    #2 has the wow factor for me.

I like the chicken, but the head is a little lost in the darkness of the interior. Maybe Henhouse Blues by the Red Clay Ramblers. I can't find a link to the song.
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I like them all but the bicycles seem to have something that draws me in. As for the chicken shot, there is "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens" by B.B. King. My choices would be #3, #2, #1, #4 in that order. Good luck.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I like your entry, but as new ones:

I like the "Clothes Line" (Bob Dylan) very much!

... and I also like the rooster

- maybe: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

ha, ha... why not humorus? rolleyes1.gif
    I'm not kidding
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Nice work. I like the original and I also like clothes line very much. The bicycles seem underexposed, but that could just be my monitor.

The last one, how about the "Chicken Dance?"

My vote is for your original photo.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    HI Miss Karin,

I had a feeling you would be posting more..

I like the clothesline and the bikes but they need work..

The clothesline needs some levels and shadow/highlight work..

Take it into PS and move the middle slider on the levels panel to around 2.40
    then open up the shadow and highlight tool, tick the show more options box at the bottom and increase the midtone contrast. Also play with shadow and the highlight slider until it looks right...

The bikes could use some tweaking too, did you shoot in RAW ? If so it may be helpful on the bikes to use some fill light. There is time to work with it some...

My vote is for the clothesline or your original thumb.gif

I love the bikes, but the weeds on the back wheels are too tall and distracting.

I really favor the composition of the Shed and Chicken but I agree the head gets lost in the dark on that one. However, it depends on the song you attach to it..
    Love the shot...

Good Luck :Dthumb.gif

Kat
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    Thanks everyone for all your kind comments and advice. Not too sure what I'll go with yet, need to play around with them and see what I can get to look best.
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
    edited July 26, 2009
    Good luck Karin.. There is still time..thumb.gif

I will be online and will keep an eye out in case you decide to rework and post them. I am working to get mine done now too.. Down to the wire :D

Kat
    edited July 26, 2009
    Good luck Karin.. There is still time..thumb.gif

I will be online and will keep an eye out in case you decide to rework and post them. I am working to get mine done now too.. Down to the wire :D

Kat

Well since you mentioned that, here is my first attempt to rework Clothes Line...what do you think?

602732287_DTMBA-M.jpg

Heres the first one for comparison
    602069577_SRejg-M.jpg
    Karin

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I like your current entry Karin. It is excellent.

Dan
    edited July 26, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I like your current entry Karin. It is excellent.

Dan
    Thanks Danthumb.gif
    Karin

edited July 26, 2009
    I really likeiloveyou.gif the way that sun looks on the ruffles on the dress. iloveyou.gif

It looks better..thumb.gif

I would say it is between the clothesline or your original. They are both strong entries.. mwink.gif

I think the clothesline is a little more on the creative and interesting side and hold my attention a little longer.... if that helps any? lol

Which one do you like looking at the most ?
    edited July 27, 2009
    I really likeiloveyou.gif the way that sun looks on the ruffles on the dress. iloveyou.gif

It looks better..thumb.gif

I would say it is between the clothesline or your original. They are both strong entries.. mwink.gif

I think the clothesline is a little more on the creative and interesting side and hold my attention a little longer.... if that helps any? lol

Which one do you like looking at the most ?

Thanks Kat,
    It's a toss up really, I like looking at both for different reasons, so, after
    sleeping on it and rereading comments, I think I will leave my entry alone. Thanks for all your help, and good luck to you your image beautiful....
    Karin

edited July 27, 2009
    Looking at it in the entry gallery again this morning, I feel you made the right decision Karin, good call there..thumb.gif

Good luck to you tooclap.gif and thanks for the comment.

Kat