Cougar Divide (iPhone pictures)

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited July 28, 2009 in Landscapes
Q: What's worse than forgetting your camera?

A: Remembering to bring all your gear except for a Memory Card!

Sigh..Well that's the hand I dealt myself this weekend while checking out Cougar Divide on the north side of Mount Baker. I decided to press on using my iPhone 3GS as my camera but didn't get to explore much since the mosquitos were the worst I've ever experienced and I didn't have any bug juice. Gonna try again soon WITH memory cards and bug juice!..

602640564_vHmUF-L.jpg

2. 180 degree panoramas (Mt Shuksan @ left center and Mt Baker @ right center)
602641425_cGNez-XL.jpg

3. Trailside meltpond
602640696_HBQP4-L.jpg

4. Trailside Geology (Skyline Divide in the background)
602640923_goPSB-L.jpg

5. More Geology..
602640762_2MUFX-L.jpg

602641011_EEZni-XL.jpg

602640627_KUfgJ-L.jpg

All in all, I'm pleased with the iPhone's camera performance. I thought the photos were a tad dark so I did adjust them in Photoshop. They also have a slight HDR "look" to them but they aren't (just a byproduct of their lightening).

Thanks for looking...

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Holy cow, so you had ALL of your gear with you while you trekked out there and found you couldn't use it? eek7.gif

If that were me I think I would have hoped that there was no one around, or they should cover their ears lol3.gif

I still think that you did really well with what you had. I wouldn't have thought this was a camera phone... seriously! thumb.gif
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Thanks, Schmoo. No one was around to hear my choice words upon discovery of the missing item. :D

I hope to do better this weekend with my REAL gear.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Amazing!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    I am pretty amazed at the iPhone is capable of. Very nicely done scole!! I understand about the mosquitos also. We visited Crater Lake last week and they were the worst I have ever seen. They landed in swarms.

Ron

Sorry about the memory card!
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Very nice shots! I love Baker and the iPhone...what a combo! Very good job on these. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com