Options

Always have to login via personal domain, not through sm domain

surfmonkey89surfmonkey89 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited August 2, 2009 in Bug Reporting
My domain is photos.lukinich.org.

Every time I access my photos via this URL using FF3 and Safari on my Macs, I have to login, but if I access them via lukinich.smugmug.com my login credentials are retained.

I was running the XMarks bookmark sharing addon. I disabled it on both browsers but the problem persists.

This is reproducible on my laptop as well as my desktop.

Let me know if you need any more information.

thanks,
paul

ETA: One thing I forgot to mention: my login info is persisted within browser sessions but not outside browser sessions, ie once I quit FF or Safari it's gone.
Paul

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 27, 2009
    Login information is stored in cookies. When you have problems staying logged in, it almost always indicates a problem with them. Clearing both the SmugMug cookies, as well as the custom domain cookies usually helps. Also, make sure that your privacy settings are not clearing the cookies each time you close out. Check for browser toolbars that do that for you under the guise of helping to protect your privacy. I have had some that do that and it is annoying.

Also make sure your browser allows what are called 3rd party cookies. I think both FF and Safari have an option for them.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Hi Paul, I'm looking into this for you. I'll get back to you once I've got more info.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    AllannAllann Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    gluwater wrote:
    Hi Paul, I'm looking into this for you. I'll get back to you once I've got more info.

I too am having exactly the same issue using IE. And I cleared the cookies as suggested in an earlier post too.
    Canon 5D2, 1D3
    600/4 L, 70-200/2.8 L, 24-70 L

My smugmug account