nikon d90 battery display

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited July 29, 2009 in Cameras
i've looked in the manual and cannot seem to find the answer, my camera no longer displays the battery icon thing'ie at

the top of the camera -> you know the one that show how much battery life you have.

is all i have found is if the d12 setting is set to the actual nikon battery then it is supposed to show. so i don't

know where i mucked up or what i have changed to have it vanish, but i miss not knowing how much life my battery has.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited July 27, 2009
    I believe it can take a little time and camera use for the battery health to register. Take a few shots and wait a few seconds and see if it doesn't display.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 27, 2009
    thanks for the reply, .............

next time i am in the city, i'll drop it by the camera store, and see if they have any ideas .....
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    i've looked in the manual and cannot seem to find the answer, my camera no longer displays the battery icon thing'ie at

the top of the camera -> you know the one that show how much battery life you have.

is all i have found is if the d12 setting is set to the actual nikon battery then it is supposed to show. so i don't

know where i mucked up or what i have changed to have it vanish, but i miss not knowing how much life my battery has.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Are you using a non nikon battery then? Becasue nikon batteries have a small microchip on their batteries to help regulate it and perhaps this chip is needed for the display as well.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • AlbertZeroKAlbertZeroK Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Also, there is a known issue with the battery grip giving false low battery indications. When I put the grip on my D90, I am always sure to reach into the battery compartment and give the middle terminal a little pull towards the center.
    Canon 50D and 2x T2i's // 2x 580ex II // FlexTT5's & MiniTT1's
    EFS 17-55 f/2.8 & 10-22 // Sigma 30mm f/1.4 & 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma Bigma OS // Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8