DSS #29 Unofficial Feedback Thread - They're Playing Our Song

2»

Comments

• bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Tentacion wrote:
    Hey Richters and bf2015

Nope not Florida, I'm in Oregon at the moment, personal and business to some extent, I hadn't been back here in a few years.

bf2015, I am flattered, must mean I got a good capture when you recognized the area so quickly. Nope NOT a real Rock Climber, just one with a camera, I don't do the ropes and such, but I climb the trail, and get into the crevices for exploration..Laughing.gif Smith Rock is a fascinating area, but I think the WORST part of the whole hike/rock climb was when your coming back, and hiking up that slope back to the exit....GRRRRRRRR. I'll share the link with you when I get back home, got some great captures of that area, was a little sad the the river was so calm this day. The sun was beating down but there sure were a lot of climbers out there.

Anyways, have a good one all.
    Peace,
    Donna P.

I think it's a great photo. This is why I recognized it so fast...

491965979_uYZmd-L.jpg

I think we were probably standing in the same spot. And you are right, the climb out is not fun. Not sure you got around back to see Monkey Face, but here it is:

465588072_aZirX-L-1.jpg

Brian
  • cmurphcmurph Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Thank you all those that included my shot in your top favorites I really appreciate that and thank you Emily for the mention. Really some beautiful work in here... everyone deservers a huge clap.gif

Here are a few of my favorites - I put the pie in the middle as it looked tasty....yum pie

604812143_kzYAm-M.jpg

cmurph
    :wow
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:

I think we were probably standing in the same spot. And you are right, the climb out is not fun. Not sure you got around back to see Monkey Face, but here it is:

Brian

Once again i'm jealous jealous jealous! :D Someday I will move out of this flat state with no rocks. Someday!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Wow! I count 40 different photos that made it to someone's top 10 (or so) list.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:

465588072_aZirX-L-1.jpg

Brian

WOW Brian, is that little person YOU....I got some good shots of the rock climbers will have to share with you (I'll be home Friday will msg you)....They were climbing what we call the "elbow" ...The teachers were with a bunch of the campers from Oregon and they were doing it...I was amazed...but in a way glad it wasn't me..CUZ that rock was Sizzlin' to the touch..Laughing.gifLaughing.gif

Take care and thanks for sharing with me.
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited July 29, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:
    Once again i'm jealous jealous jealous! :D Someday I will move out of this flat state with no rocks. Someday!

Yeah, like I said, I grew up in Jacksonville, and went to FSU (yep a Gator-hater rolleyes1.gif ), but glad to be somewhere like the Northwest!

From a fellow climber, if you're ever up in the Northwest, let me know, and we'll do some 5.10s around here and some trad climbing! Or some ice climbing. So much up here to do.

Brian
    edited July 29, 2009
    Tentacion wrote:
    WOW Brian, is that little person YOU....Donna

Actually, that was a climber doing a very hard 5.12c aid route. We started up the big crack in the foreground, then up the "neck", into the "mouth", over the "nose" and up to the top. Great climb!
  • TylwyddTylwydd Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    My fav' entries in the order of the gallery :

586593482_Qnswt-Th.jpg593177184_Z8GRN-Th.jpg595829685_NFp2Z-Th.jpg597923592_NpLGz-Th.jpg598798522_FA4ev-Th.jpg599770491_rjRFu-Th.jpg600359140_q5DEE-Th.jpg600699977_NckMb-Th.jpg601804483_wHHPb-Th.jpg601999172_Ta4SY-Th.jpg602491110_jLnM6-Th.jpg602562193_jG2FC-Th.jpg602930219_jYjYo-Th.jpg

But many more good pictures... I definetely could not be a judge there :D
    Olympus fan :D : E520 ; ZD 50 mm ; ZD 14-54 mm ; ZD 50-200 mm SWD

http://tylwydd.smugmug.com/
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    Yeah, like I said, I grew up in Jacksonville, and went to FSU (yep a Gator-hater rolleyes1.gif ), but glad to be somewhere like the Northwest!

From a fellow climber, if you're ever up in the Northwest, let me know, and we'll do some 5.10s around here and some trad climbing! Or some ice climbing. So much up here to do.

Brian

Watch out or I might take you up on that mwink.gif I have some friends in Seattle that I've been meaning to visit for a while...
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • brocotbrocot Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Participating .........
    As I always say, " Participating is more important then winning" clap.gif

It is alway with great pleasure that I follow this competition.
    Thank You all for the comment on my picture.thumb.gif
    Nikon Z5 - D7200/Nikon AF-S DX Nikkon 10-24mm/10-24dx/105mm prime/Nikon 200-500sb900/
    Hello, :thumb Mi Smug :
    http://erikgodderis.smugmug.com/
    http://www.godderis.be