Options

SOLD: Zuiko f/4 7-14mm, practically unused (maybe 5 mounts, 50 snaps), spotless

RovingEyePhotoRovingEyePhoto Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
edited September 1, 2009 in The Other Guys
I'm in conversation with net and local-store retailers for purchase of the Zuiko f/2.0 14-35mm (equiv 28-70) for my Oly E-3, to replace my existing Zuiko f/2.8-4.0 12-60mm (equiv 24-120). I'll probably hold on to the 12-60, well used at maybe 4,000 snaps, but have a practically unused Zuiko f/4 7-14mm (equiv 14-28) I figured to trade, bought new in foolish exuberance, mounted maybe 5 times for maybe 50 snaps the year I've owned it. Complete with hood, caps, manual, box, and even original wrappings, and spotless in all respects. It occurs to me I'd come out ahead selling it rather than as part of a trade, so if anyone's interested, now's the time. Price would be less than you'd pay used from a retailer, and more than I'll get in trade, somewhere in between, a good deal for both of us. I'm in Chicago area, so obviously best dealt with here.

Stan
See my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/26525400@N04/sets/. Policy is to initially upload 10-20 images from each shoot, then a few from various of the in-process shoots each time I log on, until a shoot is completely uploaded.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 27, 2009
    Price would be less than you'd pay used from a retailer, and more than I'll get in trade, somewhere in between, a good deal for both of us.

Stan
    Hi Stan, although some wheeling and dealing is expected, as a fairly friendly and open community, posting at least a starting price is highly recommended and appreciated.

Thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    And whether or not you'll ship to Canada mwink.gif

Cheers, Don
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Hi Stan, although some wheeling and dealing is expected, as a fairly friendly and open community, posting at least a starting price is highly recommended and appreciated.

Thanks,
    I'll look into it, Erik, then put something up. Thanks for looking in.
    See my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/26525400@N04/sets/. Policy is to initially upload 10-20 images from each shoot, then a few from various of the in-process shoots each time I log on, until a shoot is completely uploaded.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2009
    Don Kondra wrote:
    And whether or not you'll ship to Canada mwink.gif

Cheers, Don
    Oy, these things can get complicated. Just how friendly a place is this?
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2009
    Not to worry Stan,

Just state your terms/price.

You wouldn't be the first US seller that can't be bothered to fill out a little form at the post office rolleyes1.gif

Cheers, Don
  • Options
    DerryDerry Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    agree on shipping outside the USA,, have sent astronomy items (including scopes) and never have had an issue,, Canada is an easy one,, you can ship USPS express if your in need of a tracking number,,

Derry
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2009
    OK, I'm back. Subject was what price I would want for my hardly used Zuiko f/4 7-14mm ED. As previously posted, here, I figure it's been mounted maybe 3-5 times, 30-50 snaps at most. Purchased new from B&H when I bought my Oly E-3 in 2/08. Unwise exuberance, very expensive paperweight. Lens is in flawless condition, only once carried in bag outside of home. This is evidenced by the style I shoot, see Flickr link at bottom of post, not a wide angle in the bunch. The one time I did carry it out, used it for google-eyed classic MG shots and a few Ferrari/Maserati shots shown at SmugMug link.

Anyway, I have no idea how to set used sale price, never have done this before. So I scoured the net, and find best info at http://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0007WDH31. It shows 8 recent transactions under heading "3rd party used price", the most recent being: 7/27/09 USD1,399, 5/11/09 USD1,299, 4/30/09 USD1,499. The link says avg of last 8 price changes is USD1,487, and that sales usually are within USD112 of average, which would indicate a range of USD1,599-USD1,375. I of course don't know the condition of the used lenses sold, but can guarantee none were more pristine than mine, undoubtedly many less pristine. Current new lens price at B&H is USD1,750.

My goal here is to sell my 7-14 to cover large portion of cost of Zuiko f/2 14-35 I'll use in place of my present Zuiko f/2.8-4 12-60, obviously limiting net cash kick-in as much as possible. The 14-35 goes for about USD1,975, so you can see my problem. I'll keep the 12-60, fine lens for when I want more touristy walk-around weight, but the far faster constant f/2 of the 14-35 really is better suited for the natural light modeled-street style making up 99% of my snaps.

The 7-14 lens includes all original packaging, caps, pouch, and anything else I may be forgetting that was part of the original purchase, plus extra front neoprene cap. Hood is built in. All data considered, asking price is high end of the average range, USD1,599. Private email is rovingeye1@hotmail.com, ready to talk and listen.

Terms of sale are "as is", I'll ship UPS insured, payment on the barrel head (not sure how we do that, but I want zero risk of not being paid). I am in northern burbs of Chicago, would prefer face-to-face, but open to suggestion.

Nice opportunity here for those of you shooting Oly 4/3 landscapes/cityscapes/arty perspectives, and wanting fast/wide/superior grade. Thought that was me, turned out all I really want to shoot is the modeled-street shown throughout my Flickr and SmugMug links, for which the f/2 14-35 is tailor made.

Side note, I'm way behind uploading this summer's shoots to Flickr, and barely have scratched the surface at SmugMug. Flickr's far more definitive in exemplifying my chosen style.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:

Thanks,
    Finally got around to this. Easy to procrastinate. See post further up the line.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2009
    Don Kondra wrote:
    Not to worry Stan,

Just state your terms/price.

You wouldn't be the first US seller that can't be bothered to fill out a little form at the post office rolleyes1.gif

Cheers, Don
    Finally got around to this. Easy to procrastinate. See post further up the line.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2009
    Anyway, I have no idea how to set used sale price, never have done this before.

Here's a little tip for you.

Olympus lenses typically sell for three quarters of new price, but of course you can "ask" whatever you want mwink.gif

So B&H's price of $1750 @ .75 = $1312.50

Payment is generally through paypal.

Good luck.

Don
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2009
    Don Kondra wrote:
    Here's a little tip for you.

Olympus lenses typically sell for three quarters of new price, but of course you can "ask" whatever you want mwink.gif

So B&H's price of $1750 @ .75 = $1312.50

Payment is generally through paypal.

Good luck.

Don
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind as I talk and listen.

I know paypal is there, never used it, but know that many have. I'll acquaint myself.
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    I would recommend posting on some of the Olympus forums for the obviously higher concentration of interested parties.

Love my 7-14mm.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2009
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I would recommend posting on some of the Olympus forums for the obviously higher concentration of interested parties.

Love my 7-14mm.

Thanks Aaron. It certainly fit what I thought I'd like to expand into, but guess not. Appreciate the advice, I'll follow it.
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Wish I could afford it... One day...
  • Options
    DerryDerry Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    so has an actual price point ever been decided on,,???

Derry
  • Options
    WolftepWolftep Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    Derry wrote:
    so has an actual price point ever been decided on,,???

Derry

It was deep inside one of his previous posts...

The 7-14 lens includes all original packaging, caps, pouch, and anything else I may be forgetting that was part of the original purchase, plus extra front neoprene cap. Hood is built in. All data considered, asking price is high end of the average range, USD1,599. Private email is rovingeye1@hotmail.com, ready to talk and listen.

Terms of sale are "as is", I'll ship UPS insured, payment on the barrel head (not sure how we do that, but I want zero risk of not being paid). I am in northern burbs of Chicago, would prefer face-to-face, but open to suggestion.
  • Options
    shuffnetshuffnet Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 29, 2009
    7-14
    Wolftep wrote:
    It was deep inside one of his previous posts...

do you still have the lens. I will buy it at a resonable price
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    shuffnet wrote:
    do you still have the lens. I will buy it at a resonable price

Sold today. Thanks for interest.