Summer on Saturday

ericschmerickericschmerick Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited August 1, 2009 in People
Summer on Saturday at an abandoned place. 5D Mk II, 70-200 f/2.8.

HiC1.jpg

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 27, 2009
    hello Eric, welcome to dGrin wave.gif what a great first post, thanks for sharing.

I like everything about this shot. The pose, the exposure, the composition and your processing.

It seems to be straddling a subtle line between HDR and high-key. please share how you achieved this.

very nice indeed thumb.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Very well done.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    This is beautiful. Great gesture, light, and just enough detail in the background to make it interesting, but not so much that it is distracting. The vignette is a nice touch.

Well done thumb.gif
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • ericschmerickericschmerick Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 28, 2009
    Thanks for the positive comments!

Angelo - this was taken at an abandoned hospital in Singapore. It's a really cool spooky place with lots of openings in the building to let the light stream in. It's been abandoned for years, so the walls have taken on a grimy, moldy look with lots of different tones and colors. I'm using a 5D Mark II, and in this case the 70-200 non-IS f/2.8 lens. This image was shot at f/2.8. I didn't do much to the image other than increase the contrast, and did a little work to enhance the natural vignette that had been created by the natural light conditions. Thanks for asking!

Eric
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Thanks for the positive comments!

Angelo - this was taken at an abandoned hospital in Singapore. It's a really cool spooky place with lots of openings in the building to let the light stream in. It's been abandoned for years, so the walls have taken on a grimy, moldy look with lots of different tones and colors. I'm using a 5D Mark II, and in this case the 70-200 non-IS f/2.8 lens. This image was shot at f/2.8. I didn't do much to the image other than increase the contrast, and did a little work to enhance the natural vignette that had been created by the natural light conditions. Thanks for asking!

Eric

This is really nice...I like.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    That's a lovely shot - and creates a mood that your title perfectly captures.
    The photo says a lot in its simplicity. Nice