Ginormous waves @ the wedge

scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited July 29, 2009 in Sports

Comments

• rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Saw on the news where parts of Ca were getting pounded with very large waves. Guessing these are part of them. News clip said the life guards had pulled in over 500 people from the water over the weekend. I can see why.

Great captures of some very powerful surf. Love the last one in particular.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • DerryDerry Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    agree on the last one,, offers great color and size relationship for full appreciation of what those surfers are working with,,

nice,,

Derry
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    I agree on the comments of the last one, as it is awesome! I think the first one would be just as good if you had gotten the color of the water to look like the last one,, as the first oner looks a lot more powerful, in that it looks like it is churning up the bottom. The next to last one looks pretty cool as well, with the surfer air borne! But it's definately the last one that's my favorite because of the color of the water.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    All of them are great pics. The last one is beautiful. But the first one really conveys to me the anger of fury of the waves. Scary stuff!
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    I like the last one. Afternoon sun gives wave great color & caught the surfers hair.

Unfortunately the waves are so high in the first two, the shadow flattens the image color

Timing, timing...

I was in Half Moon Bay at 10am Sat. for shoulder high swells. But the fog was so thick everything was flat, cam couldn't hold focus and I deleted everything I got. Would have loved to see the morning down south

Rags
    Rags
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited July 28, 2009
    The first looks like there's a lot of plankton in the water. And the last, a great perspective of the wave size.

The poor guy in second looks as if he might get crushed.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • real gonereal gone Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Scott,

Great shots. I was their Friday evening. Looks like a ton more people were there Saturday. Here's one from my gallery602886915_CTaAd-L.jpg