Options

Smugmug and Smugmug Small styles have gone crazy

iainsimiainsim Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited July 28, 2009 in Bug Reporting
Hi,

My site (www.iainsim.net) has quite a few galleries in both Smugmug and Smugmug Small styles. I noticed today that both of these styles have errors now:

Smugmug style (e.g. http://www.iainsim.net/gallery/8866072_EHmBA#604137892_h5eDr):
1) The page selector buttons are now gone. i.e., if a gallery contains two pages worth of them, there is no easy way of accessing page two.
2) Photo links don't work properly. When I click on a thumbnail, nothing happens, where previously it would have shown a large version of that photo.

Smugmug Small style:
1) Photo links don't work properly. When I click on a thumbnail, nothing happens, where previously it would have shown a large version of that photo.
2) For some bizarre reason, the header is not shown. Because of this, I've removed this style from my site, so you won't see any examples.

I have looked at these galleries on two different PCs (a 21" and a laptop), and both IE7 and Firefox 3.5

This problem is making my site look very unprofessional, so I'd really appreciate a quick response on this one.

Cheers,
Iain
Iain Sim Photography (www.iainsim.net)

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Ian, try clearing completely, your browser's cache, closing and reopening the browser.

For the header in SmugMug small style, did you recently change to Carbonite theme? Looks like a bug there.... let me know.
  • Options
    J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    iainsim wrote:
    Hi,

My site (www.iainsim.net) has quite a few galleries in both Smugmug and Smugmug Small styles. I noticed today that both of these styles have errors now:

Smugmug style (e.g. http://www.iainsim.net/gallery/8866072_EHmBA#604137892_h5eDr):
    1) The page selector buttons are now gone. i.e., if a gallery contains two pages worth of them, there is no easy way of accessing page two.
    2) Photo links don't work properly. When I click on a thumbnail, nothing happens, where previously it would have shown a large version of that photo.

Smugmug Small style:
    1) Photo links don't work properly. When I click on a thumbnail, nothing happens, where previously it would have shown a large version of that photo.
    2) For some bizarre reason, the header is not shown. Because of this, I've removed this style from my site, so you won't see any examples.

I have looked at these galleries on two different PCs (a 21" and a laptop), and both IE7 and Firefox 3.5

This problem is making my site look very unprofessional, so I'd really appreciate a quick response on this one.

Cheers,
    Iain

I had this problem also....try removing this from your bottom java script box, for some reason it doesnt like to play nice, havent figured why yet.

// Because the slideshow button is created itself in onDOMReady, 

// we don't know the timing of it's creation relative to our function getting called

// so we trigger our event this way to make it execution order independent

YE.onDOMReady(function () {YE.onContentReady("slideshowButton", MoveSlideshowButtonToCartLine);});

function MoveSlideshowButtonToCartLine()

{

var sourceObj = document.getElementById("slideshowButton");

var destObj = document.getElementById("buyButton");

if (sourceObj && destObj)

{

var obj = sourceObj.parentNode.removeChild(sourceObj);

destObj.parentNode.insertBefore(sourceObj, destObj);

}    

}

-Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    iainsimiainsim Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    I haven't changed my theme in about eighteen months, but it is carbonite. I refreshed my cache and still have the problem in IE (although Firefox 3.0 looks ok for some reason).

J Allen, thanks for your post, as it gives me a temporary fix.

The problem I have now is that I spent a long time looking for that code so it is very disappointing to remove it. Is there a way of moving the slideshow button without losing functionality (e.g., page number links and click-to-photos).

Thanks, Iain
    Iain Sim Photography (www.iainsim.net)
  • Options
    J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Hang in there Iain, subscribe to THIS THREAD, looks like the same problem your having...I've asked John Friend to look at this one more time, hopefully he can get us both fixed up.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site