Picture Of A Storm

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited July 31, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
We had a one of the worse storms of seen. The pic. is of the beginning of it.

602629725_HEbaP-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Howdy Azzaro,

Yikes, that looks like a bad one, hope you, the Hound, and the Horses are OK.

Interesting shot, sure shows the heavy winds and dust blowing, you're getting really good at this you know:D:D:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Hey Azzaro,

Is this one of those desert 70+ mph wind storms?
    I hope you were shooting that from inside your house.

I rode through one of those on my Goldwing two years ago when heading to California. Wind was so strong that on the highway, while trying to stay ON the road, I scrapped a peg due to leaning so far just to stay on the road. Scared the bagebbers out of me eek7.gif
    Randy
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Aside from the possible devastation this is a cool shot. thumb.gifHow did you do that? Is it all in camera or PP? Was this taken last week? We had some of that stuff... bent a tree and blew everything not tied down in N Phx.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Azzaro,

Yikes, that looks like a bad one, hope you, the Hound, and the Horses are OK.

Interesting shot, sure shows the heavy winds and dust blowing, you're getting really good at this you know:D:D:D

Hi Panther....... Thanks for the kind comment..... Horses, dogs and the neighbors cows did fine....... :D azzaro
    edited July 28, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Azzaro,

Is this one of those desert 70+ mph wind storms?
    I hope you were shooting that from inside your house.

I rode through one of those on my Goldwing two years ago when heading to California. Wind was so strong that on the highway, while trying to stay ON the road, I scrapped a peg due to leaning so far just to stay on the road. Scared the bagebbers out of me eek7.gif

I think I would have pulled over and hung out in a ditch till it passed:D I had a Goldwng but I wasnt into ridding in bad weather......... Thanks for commenting. azzaro
    edited July 28, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Aside from the possible devastation this is a cool shot. thumb.gifHow did you do that? Is it all in camera or PP? Was this taken last week? We had some of that stuff... bent a tree and blew everything not tied down in N Phx.

Hi Eia....... It is like it came out of the camera.......The pp was converting it from raw to a jpeg........ Thanks for the nice comment...... azzaro
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    WOW!!! As I look at that photo, I'm waiting for the loader to tip over! Was this shot through a window or from a porch? I don't think you'd risk your equipment to be out in the middle of it.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
    edited July 29, 2009
    BroPhoto wrote:
    WOW!!! As I look at that photo, I'm waiting for the loader to tip over! Was this shot through a window or from a porch? I don't think you'd risk your equipment to be out in the middle of it.

GaryB

I shot it through the window, 10 minutes later you could not see the tractor or tree..... Thanks for looking and commenting..... azzaro
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Ouch! eek7.gif
    Beautiful image tho! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Seen this happen more than once. Luv a great storm. Am twisted that way. Hope your made out well. + your neighbors +++. You do very nice photography. Your work over time is so right there. I look forward to more
    as you share it day to day.
    :D Michael
    Michael
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Can you let the secret of how you took it out?
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Hi Azzaro--great shot! It reminds me of Dorothea Lange's Dust Bowl photos in the '30s.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited July 29, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Seen this happen more than once. Luv a great storm. Am twisted that way. Hope your made out well. + your neighbors +++. You do very nice photography. Your work over time is so right there. I look forward to more
    as you share it day to day.
    :D Michael

Hi DaddyO Thanks for the really nice comment.......I like a storm too, but this one kind of over did it.........Everybody is talking about it. azzaro
    edited July 29, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Hi Azzaro--great shot! It reminds me of Dorothea Lange's Dust Bowl photos in the '30s.

HI Lauren....... Thanks for the comment.......I have seen Lange's work, she was one of the greats........ azzaro
    edited July 29, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    Can you let the secret of how you took it out?

Mr. Quiet..... I'm a very basic guy. I have a Nikon D40x a 55x200 Nikon lens and a camera bag. The camera was set on program and the pic. was taken through the window. The picture was shot in raw and converted to a jpeg. I did very little pp....... I did not make the picture, just recorded what was going on.......... azzaro

Thanks for commenting.....
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Wow!
    Impressive!
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Nice one Azzaro. Looks like that old tractor is getting quite a sandblasting!

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited July 31, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Nice one Azzaro. Looks like that old tractor is getting quite a sandblasting!

Hi Jack......Everything got a sandblasting........ azzaro
    edited July 31, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Ouch! eek7.gif
    Beautiful image tho! thumb.gif

Hi Nik........Thanks for the nice comment...... azzaro
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Good stuff Azzaro! I can't take my eyes off the image. So much interest. My favorite part of this image is the tree....the motion blur is so nice. And the sand gives this image a very grainy, film look.

I'm starting to wonder now what this might look like in B/W?!!

Thanks for sharing...well done!clap.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
    edited July 31, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Good stuff Azzaro! I can't take my eyes off the image. So much interest. My favorite part of this image is the tree....the motion blur is so nice. And the sand gives this image a very grainy, film look.

I'm starting to wonder now what this might look like in B/W?!!

Thanks for sharing...well done!clap.gif

Hi whiterice....... Thanks for looking and the really nice comment... azzaro