I got whacked upside the head with a Canon!

2»

Comments

• HeatherWBHeatherWB Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Just another update. I just bought a gently used 24-105/4 off of FM this morning. It should be here by the weekend. :D

Heather
    My blog: Heather's Lightbox
    My pics
    "He who cannot dance will say: "The drum is bad!" --African proverb.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Just another update. I just bought a gently used 24-105/4 off of FM this morning. It should be here by the weekend. :D

Heather
    Congrats! It's a great all around lens that should get you going. thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    HeatherWB wrote:
    I noticed the $600 price tag on the 70-200/4 and that looks really good. :) My only concern is the fact that it lacks IS. Has anybody found that to be a problem when handholding? I do most of my shooting in decent light, so I should be able to use a fast enough shutter speed to minimize shaking, though.

Congrats! As far as the 70-200/4, I've used both 4 and I own the 2.8. Of course, if your shutter speed is slow enough, you'll get camera shake. But, the 4 is nice and light. It's also very sharp - an all around nice lens.
    BTW, I went and picked up the 40D this afternoon. :D I'd given some thought to picking up an inexpensive 50 or kit lens to tide me over, but all they had on hand was an old 35-80, so I passed.

I LOVE my Nifty Fifty. I think they're going for right around $100 new - I think I paid $70 for mine used. Best $70 I ever spent. Also check out the Tamron 28-70/2.8. I think they're about $350 new - I use it quite a bit. Good choice on the 40d as well. Our second is probably being delivered as I type. My wife was sick of the Rebel (300D).

clap.gif
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
    edited August 4, 2009
    Uhhhh .... if you make the switch, you might have to change your nickname mwink.gif Have you thought of that?

Since I have actually made the switch, Andy changed my username this afternoon.

K-mount Lightbox is now HeatherWB. You can't go wrong with any variation of your real name. thumb.gif

Heather
    My pics
    edited August 7, 2009
    Some first pics from the 40D & 24-105...
    Here are a few that I wanted to share. Keep in mind that other than some cropping and RAW to JPG conversion, I haven't done anything else to them (I need to make some in-camera adjustments).

Heather :)

3797008024_b36be77153.jpg

3797007554_0e20d97605.jpg

3797007262_d422707ecb.jpg
    My pics