Options

Keyword Software

leightonocleightonoc Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited July 29, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi, I'm looking for software to add keywords to images to photos before I upload them to SM. Bridge has a keyword feature but it's too tough to use. The other night I had to keyword 850 photos with boat names and it took 2.5 hours. The boat names change for every race. Right now I add the boat names after I upload to SM but I need to streamline this. Thanks, Leighton
Leighton

Nautical & Travel Photographer

http://leightonPHOTO.com

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    leightonoc wrote:
    Hi, I'm looking for software to add keywords to images to photos before I upload them to SM. Bridge has a keyword feature but it's too tough to use. The other night I had to keyword 850 photos with boat names and it took 2.5 hours. The boat names change for every race. Right now I add the boat names after I upload to SM but I need to streamline this. Thanks, Leighton
    Do you know that in Bridge, you can do the following:
    1. Before you've set any keywords for the shoot, set up a filter that will show you only images with no keywords yet (useful later in this process)
    2. Then multi-select all the images of one particular boat
    3. When you've got most or all of the images for one particular boat selected, add the keyword and it will be added to all of the selected images. After adding the keyword, all these photos will disappear from the view because of the previous filter
    4. Repeat this process until all images are keyworded for a particular boat and the view is empty
    You're done.

I do something very similar for soccer player's names in Adobe Lightroom, but Bridge and Lightroom are similar in their functionality for this.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    So I can look at my work flow, I do this both at the office (PC) and home (Mac), which operating system are you looking at. I use Bridge on the PC most often and LightRoom on the Mac; but I know that other people use Microsoft Expression and there are other tools out there as well. However knowing the OS helps us narrow down where to help :)
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact