Too red, too dark, or too saturated?

jonvanjonvan Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited July 29, 2009 in People
[IMG][/img]604838593_BmQaf-L.jpg
"Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    This looks better than the others to me, but I am currently using an uncalibrated laptop so take that with a grain of salt:D

Ya know....we do have a "Digital Darkroom" area at Dgrin that could have been a big help with all these calibration efforts?....and....you could have shared all your troubles, findings, and fixes there to help others.ne_nau.gif

Just a thought...

..and something weird is going on around the lobe of her left ear.....a halo of some sort......a dodge gone awry maybe?
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Definately not too red. Of course, one question is what color is the model's skin. She is very pale here. Asking LR to white balance on her eye (which is nominally too white), pushes yellow +13 (toward yellow from blue) and tint +21 (toward magenta from green). I think that's a little off, but her skin tone seems more vibrant. The over-staturation checks showed the original to be a little blown on the bridge of her nose and her shoulder. Once the color temp is adjusted more of her nose and little of her forehead gets blown, so backing off the exposure 0.25 (1/4 stop) solved that problem.

Bear in mind, I'm not a professional, so this is my personal taste....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site