604926760_aVcbG-L.jpg

604928112_jthZU-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Congratulations on both the new grandson and new camera. May both bring you much happiness!! I like them, they feel very candid and natural. I'm assuming the grey line in a couple of the them is where your backdrop ended and white wall begins. If not, I was wondering what the source of that it. Of the four, I love fourth the most. What I like in the fourth is the symmetry of their eye and mouth expressions. The first one is a wonderful protrait of your daughter, but I think the baby is a bit to far from her face. I like the fun of the middle two as well. thumb.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Very Nice! You're both so natural and seemingly oblivious to the camera. Great captures...
  • JAMooreJAMoore Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Fantastic shots! iloveyou.gif

What lens did you have mounted on that beauty?
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Love them!!
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Those are GREAT!! :))
    Carrie
    VayCayMom wrote:
    I love this camera!

601244613_FaPVH-L.jpg

604927679_AXan7-L.jpg

604926760_aVcbG-L.jpg

604928112_jthZU-L.jpg
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    You're certainly putting those new goodies to excellent use :D

Great shots. Glad you're enjoying the new toys! thumb.gif
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    JAMoore wrote:
    Fantastic shots! iloveyou.gif

What lens did you have mounted on that beauty?

Thanks ! This camera is amazing, my skills are still blooming but this makes it so easy to get great results!
    I believe that was my new 50 mm 1.4 d.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited August 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    You're certainly putting those new goodies to excellent use :D

Great shots. Glad you're enjoying the new toys! thumb.gif

Thanks, I adore your new photo. One day I want to do a fun self portrait, you inspire me ! Or is that your daughter? So fun!!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited August 1, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Congratulations on both the new grandson and new camera. May both bring you much happiness!! I like them, they feel very candid and natural. I'm assuming the grey line in a couple of the them is where your backdrop ended and white wall begins. If not, I was wondering what the source of that it. Of the four, I love fourth the most. What I like in the fourth is the symmetry of their eye and mouth expressions. The first one is a wonderful protrait of your daughter, but I think the baby is a bit to far from her face. I like the fun of the middle two as well. thumb.gif

Yes the line is where my backdrop ends and my cheap white cardboard room divider begins! And in other shots you can see the light beige carpet. But all in all I didn't mind and it was my first time to properly stand up the backdrop and add the train, I love the look it provides!!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited August 1, 2009
    Please pardon my ignorance, but what did you mean by "properly stand up the backdrop and add the train?" Thanks. :/
    VayCayMom wrote:
    Yes the line is where my backdrop ends and my cheap white cardboard room divider begins! And in other shots you can see the light beige carpet. But all in all I didn't mind and it was my first time to properly stand up the backdrop and add the train, I love the look it provides!!
    edited August 1, 2009
    GoofBckt wrote:
    Please pardon my ignorance, but what did you mean by "properly stand up the backdrop and add the train?" Thanks. :/
    Hi Carrie, My daughter in the ( baby)photo is CORRIE but she always gets called CARRIE a lot.

I am glad you asked, a year ago I had no idea about this stuff myself.

I bought a backdrop from Lastolite that is kinda like a big reflector, you the kind that have a semi hard ring and you can twist them to be half the size for transporting etc. This is like that, very large 5' x 7 ' with a woven fabric, white on one side, black on the other. I have it being held up a stand, ( you can also prop it up against a wall, I used to use the white cardboard room divider and sometimes throw black velvet over it as a backdrop )) and then a white train clipped onto it... here is a picture of the whole set up....

607904386_AhLfJ-L.jpg

The train ( like on a wedding gown) is bought separately and after editng in this case gives the illusion of no wall and floor meeting. I had to weigh down the stand holding the backdrop with cases of soda, or it would tip over.

Sigh, one day this room will be painted white, not the coral/ red it is now and will be more studio like.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited August 1, 2009
    Wow!! Ok, now I get it! Thanks so much for clarifying. :)
    VayCayMom wrote:
    Hi Carrie, My daughter in the ( baby)photo is CORRIE but she always gets called CARRIE a lot.

I am glad you asked, a year ago I had no idea about this stuff myself.

I bought a backdrop from Lastolite that is kinda like a big reflector, you the kind that have a semi hard ring and you can twist them to be half the size for transporting etc. This is like that, very large 5' x 7 ' with a woven fabric, white on one side, black on the other. I have it being held up a stand, ( you can also prop it up against a wall, I used to use the white cardboard room divider and sometimes throw black velvet over it as a backdrop )) and then a white train clipped onto it... here is a picture of the whole set up....

607904386_AhLfJ-L.jpg

The train ( like on a wedding gown) is bought separately and after editng in this case gives the illusion of no wall and floor meeting. I had to weigh down the stand holding the backdrop with cases of soda, or it would tip over.

Sigh, one day this room will be painted white, not the coral/ red it is now and will be more studio like.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    Thanks, I adore your new photo. One day I want to do a fun self portrait, you inspire me ! Or is that your daughter? So fun!!

No, that's my daughter - as far as she's concerned she's the REAL diva in the family (and never wastes an opportunity to let us know it rolleyes1.gifD)

SP's are a pain because it is just so darned hard to frame from the wrong side of the camera (and don't get me started on accurately placing focus points!), but they're fun and have the advantage of always having an available model...... rolleyes1.gif
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Love the 3rd one! how fun! Congrats on the new camera. Going to get a D700 as a backup to my D3 to stick with full frame. And especially congrats on the new grandbaby! Perfect for practice with the new camera! what more could you ask for? Life must be good in your world:D
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!