First Light

dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
edited July 31, 2009 in Landscapes
This was taken at Sunrise during sunrise. I hope you enjoy!

If you want to know more about our adventurous trip, Ron did all the work for me.

UPDATE: Some hikers up at Mt. Rainier found my wallet!
:barb
605078965_uRCaz-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Very nice Danny. clap.gif Love the soft tones. It's amazing what you guys go through to get these shots. Sorry about your wallet and frostbite.

Dan
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Nice shot, Danny. Not sure on the chronology--was this before or after the stupid human trick? rolleyes1.gif

Glad you made it OK and got some nice shots. I can't say I would do anything that "desperate" for a shot--which is why your work is so much better than mine!!:D
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Nice shot, Danny! I think the lost wallet, minor frost bite at the finger tips, and the frozen camera/tripod combo was worth it. There is great highlight and shadow detail here and the expansive view is simply breath-taking. Hard work paid off! :Dclap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Very nice! I would have processed my photo but I'm still sleep-walking. Hopefully I'll recover in a day or two :D

Sunrise is definitely the spot for sunrise right now with the sun rising directly in front of the mountain, a little later (late August) Tipsoo will have better alpenglow.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Serene, perfect, beautiful! Definitely worth the trip. Hopefully worth the headache of a lost wallet. rolleyes1.gif
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Very cool shot. The light is wonderful.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Very nice Danny. clap.gif Love the soft tones. It's amazing what you guys go through to get these shots. Sorry about your wallet and frostbite.

Dan

I'd consider this to be a bit of an anomaly. I don't usually do anything near this stupid to take a picture. We had already driven a couple hours, then hiked for at least an hour more just to get to this location so I wasn't going to say forget it because of a little patch of snow. Next time I'll be a bit more prepared.
    edited July 31, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Nice shot, Danny. Not sure on the chronology--was this before or after the stupid human trick? rolleyes1.gif

Glad you made it OK and got some nice shots. I can't say I would do anything that "desperate" for a shot--which is why your work is so much better than mine!!:D

Thanks. This shot was taken after the SHT. We had to cross over the snow and ice in order to get to this location in time for sunrise.
    edited July 31, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Nice shot, Danny! I think the lost wallet, minor frost bite at the finger tips, and the frozen camera/tripod combo was worth it. There is great highlight and shadow detail here and the expansive view is simply breath-taking. Hard work paid off! :Dclap.gifthumb.gif

Being a poor college student, I have to say that losing a wallet really sucks. I think this is one case where it wasn't exactly worth getting the picture but nothing can be done about the past. To think about it positively, at least I got to witness sunrise in a beautiful location. mwink.gif
    edited July 31, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Very nice! I would have processed my photo but I'm still sleep-walking. Hopefully I'll recover in a day or two :D

Sunrise is definitely the spot for sunrise right now with the sun rising directly in front of the mountain, a little later (late August) Tipsoo will have better alpenglow.

I would love to get back up there at least one more time this summer. This was a really fun trip.
    edited July 31, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Serene, perfect, beautiful! Definitely worth the trip. Hopefully worth the headache of a lost wallet. rolleyes1.gif

Not exactly the best trade-off but I did have a great time. Thanks for your comment!
    edited July 31, 2009
    bryanj87 wrote:
    Very cool shot. The light is wonderful.

Thank you! :D