Setting digital download prices at $0

katgloorkatgloor Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 29, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've combed through several pages on the forum, and emailed SM superheros, but still having trouble with what I think should be a very simple task:

I would like to allow clients to download certain photos (in fact, all images within a certain gallery) at no cost to them.

When I set the price at $0, the download option doesn't show up. When I leave the pricing box blank, the download doesn't show up. Is pricing personal license downloads for free not an option, or am I just even slower than I thought?

Help is very much appreciated, as I currently have two clients waiting for this to get resolved. HELP!

-Kat

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    If we allowed this, we'd lose money :) So we can't. You can set up a gallery for downloads if you like, or if you're not concerned about them taking the images, set a block on the largest sizes and leave right click protection off. Up to you. Holler with questions, thanks.
  • katgloorkatgloor Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2009
    Thanks for the quick response! The clients have already paid for the files as part of a package, and I'd hoped to just allow them to grab them off the gallery rather than continuing to burn and mail CDs so often.
    Andy wrote:
    You can set up a gallery for downloads if you like...

I imagine you mean outside SM?
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    katgloor wrote:
    Thanks for the quick response! The clients have already paid for the files as part of a package, and I'd hoped to just allow them to grab them off the gallery rather than continuing to burn and mail CDs so often.

I imagine you mean outside SM?

See customization #9 here.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question