Manhattan at Dusk from Top of Empire State Building

gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
edited July 30, 2009 in Landscapes
Manhattan at Dusk from Empire State Building (medium format film - Rollei)

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Fantastic light and composition. I bet this would look great in b&w also. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Nice. Did you shoot this through a window? I was up in the Rockefeller Center a few weeks ago with an open air observation deck. It was pretty cool.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Nice. Did you shoot this through a window?

Thanks for both nice replies. As to exact place: Can't remember whether this was from main observatory (open air) at Empire State Bldg (It has a mesh barrier of course but you can stick a camera in one of the open spaces in the barrier), or if it was taken from a higher interior hexagonal room with open windows. Definitely Empire State Bldg. though

Whatever, the time to be up there is dusk for the shadows and a little while later when the lights of the city all come on within 30 sec to a minute: breathtaking either one.
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Very nice. I love the contrast in this one. How did you get the film developed?
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Internaut wrote:
    Very nice. I love the contrast in this one. How did you get the film developed?

Thanks for the nice comment.

I have my film developed at a Color-Tech Lab in my hometown (Buffalo, NY). It has some sort of relationship with Kodak I think. They do very nice negative scans as well. Far as I know they're regional, not national.